Where to get a Spider-man costume?

Why is that? Just a thin dude, I'd have to as well. I was just saying some muscle suits just don't look fake if they are done correctly, most people never knew he wore one.

Just saying he could've gotten to the necessary body type w/o having to rely on a muscle suit, that's all. Guys like Chris Evans and Hemsworth hit the gym hard for their roles, and guys like Tobey needed a muscle suit to look half as built.

I just purchased this one, should have it in a couple weeks I will review it when i get it. I didn't get it from milanoo, I got it from another site though.
Awesome! What site did you get it from? I have seen some on eBAY, but thats about it

Bobby I got it at Spandex Zentai Store. I emailed a few time before ordering making sure i could get everything i wanted. Then gave a very descriptive comment asking for a separated mask, and my exact measurements so we will see how it goes.

Just saying he could've gotten to the necessary body type w/o having to rely on a muscle suit, that's all. Guys like Chris Evans and Hemsworth hit the gym hard for their roles, and guys like Tobey needed a muscle suit to look half as built.

Not everyone can gain muscle like that. I'm naturally skinny, and no matter how much I work out or anything, I just don't get any bigger lol.

ok thats just BS
of course they work out, but they also have a trainer, a cook, and its common in hollywood, that they use some kinds of steroids to get in shape fast.

a normal person can hardly build up clean muscles in the same time, and probably will never be able to get a body like hemsworth etc, unless they do a good workout for a few years.

Just food for thought Tobey M wore a muscle suit of sorts under the costume in all three of the flicks. ;)

Are you 100% sure about that? In the first movie in the scene where he was flexing in front of the mirror it definitely looked like he worked out for the role. If his costume included a muscle suit underneath, for some reason it didn't make him look any more buff.

Are you 100% sure about that? In the first movie in the scene where he was flexing in front of the mirror it definitely looked like he worked out for the role. If his costume included a muscle suit underneath, for some reason it didn't make him look any more buff.

Yes apparently he did but still was too skinny to look good in the suit, thats why they still used a muscle suit, some people just don't get big or will need 10X more training and discipline to gain muscle mass, some have better genetics and add muscle mass with little training, It helps alot when you have a natural atheltic build to begin with, a nice V shape body with wide shoulders, small waist ect... those people usually get fast results with moderate training.

GFollano

Yes apparently he did but still was too skinny to look good in the suit, thats why they still used a muscle suit, some people just don't get big or will need 10X more training and discipline to gain muscle mass, some have better genetics and add muscle mass with little training, It helps alot when you have a natural atheltic build to begin with, a nice V shape body with wide shoulders, small waist ect... those people usually get fast results with moderate training.

GFollano

You're right about genetics playing a big factor, but I wonder how many actors truly have good genetics for muscle building. I'm assuming actors like Jackman, Hemsworth, Evans and Bale juiced (at least a low dose cycle) for their superhero roles. I'd be shocked if they were to gain that much naturally in such a short period of time.

GFollano
Kinda odd that he was too skinny, Spidey is supposed to have thin, lean muscular build, at least to me he is.

Kinda odd that he was too skinny, Spidey is supposed to have thin, lean muscular build, at least to me he is.

Yes but Toby is completely flat, had no muscle shape, here's a example, Bruce Lee was thin but had nice muscle shape, a nice V shape body and small waist.

GFollano

Yes 100% sure. ;)

ok thats just BS
of course they work out, but they also have a trainer, a cook, and its common in hollywood, that they use some kinds of steroids to get in shape fast.

a normal person can hardly build up clean muscles in the same time, and probably will never be able to get a body like hemsworth etc, unless they do a good workout for a few years.

I'm 120% sure Tobey had access to a trainer and nutritionist as well when he was Spiderman, c'mon now. Could be a number of reasons why he didn't do it, but all I'm saying is that Spidey's body was most certainly possible for him to attain. And no you don't need steroids to get to Evans or Hemsworth size, they don't look like Arnold. I speak from personal experience, hit the gym regularly with a good plan and change your diet (particularly high protein) and you'll see dramatic results in 3-4 months. Hire a trainer and nutritionist and you'll get there even sooner. Genetics are a factor but a good trainer can work around many natural obstacles.

Anyways, I've digressed, back to Spiderman costume talk.

Guys? Lycra disguises muscle tone. It's under tension, and the material largely tries to go from highest point to highest point. The tension in the 90 degree offset direction will pull it down a bit, but not as much as you'd expect.

Toby did get pretty damn fit. As fit as someone can get and still look like Spiderman. It has nothing to do with genetics or workout-ethic or whatever. It's the nature of the fabric. That's why people wear spandex and lycra as work out clothes: they deccentuate your curves.

You need to use a muscle suit under a lycra outfit to give you completely unrealistically cut musculature, so that it looks "right" after the lycra smooths it out.

You want a good example? In The Running Man Arnold Schwarzenegger at his absolute prime got stuffed into a bright yellow spandex unitard. And guess what?

gYf8f.jpg

Geeze, look how skinny he is. Man, some people just don't get big or will need 10X more training and discipline to gain muscle mass, some have better genetics and add muscle mass with little training. Why didn't Arnold put the effort in to actually bulk up, instead of being completely flat he could hav-

RS2aa.jpg

...Oh. Sorry Arnold.

Look, the movie spider suit was a bit better than Arnold's suit. It has more pieces than Arnold's, which means more seams and more opportunities to control the tension, letting you control how close it follows the musculature. Also, the glued on web gives you a bit more control.

But there's only so much that you can get lycra to follow muscles closely, without it being baggy and wrinkled elsewhere.

So it's easier to make it look consistently good by slipping a muscle suit under there too.

Last edited:
I'm a poor college student so I opted for one of the zentai suits and I was really surprised. The stitching is solid, and it looks awesome. The webbing is screen-printed off and started to wear off of the fingers after a few days of heavy use (4-day weekend of drunken spider partying for Halloween) but other than that it's fine. I cut the soles off of some water shoes and used shoe goo to secure them onto the soles, so I didn't have to wear sneakers with my suit, and they held fine.

It's comfy and awesome and one of my favorite purchases. If I don't end up making a foam suit for Megacon I'll be wearing the spidey suit around because it's a real attention grabber.

Here's a pic after I just tried it on for the first time, ignore my hair sticking out, you can tuck it into the neck and not see it (I'm assuming that's not a problem for you though).

tumblr_ltcni2JeMb1qficq9o1_1280.jpg

Guys? Lycra disguises muscle tone. It's under tension, and the material largely tries to go from highest point to highest point. The tension in the 90 degree offset direction will pull it down a bit, but not as much as you'd expect.

Toby did get pretty damn fit. As fit as someone can get and still look like Spiderman. It has nothing to do with genetics or workout-ethic or whatever. It's the nature of the fabric. That's why people wear spandex and lycra as work out clothes: they deccentuate your curves.

You need to use a muscle suit under a lycra outfit to give you completely unrealistically cut musculature, so that it looks "right" after the lycra smooths it out.

You want a good example? In The Running Man Arnold Schwarzenegger at his absolute prime got stuffed into a bright yellow spandex unitard. And guess what?

gYf8f.jpg

Geeze, look how skinny he is. Man, some people just don't get big or will need 10X more training and discipline to gain muscle mass, some have better genetics and add muscle mass with little training. Why didn't Arnold put the effort in to actually bulk up, instead of being completely flat he could hav-

RS2aa.jpg

...Oh. Sorry Arnold.

Look, the movie spider suit was a bit better than Arnold's suit. It has more pieces than Arnold's, which means more seams and more opportunities to control the tension, letting you control how close it follows the musculature. Also, the glued on web gives you a bit more control.

But there's only so much that you can get lycra to follow muscles closely, without it being baggy and wrinkled elsewhere.

So it's easier to make it look consistently good by slipping a muscle suit under there too.

Brilliantly explained.....:thumbsup

Toby did get pretty damn fit. As fit as someone can get and still look like Spiderman

are you reffering to the scene were he's posing in front of the mirror? I don't call that fit, he was lean with no muscle tone, dressed up as spidey in that body shape he would have looked too flat, when I say flat meaning no enough muscle mass or shape.

With a lycra suit your still able to see the shoulders, chest and biceps popping out, I undestand you won;t see the abs but the major muscle mass will still stand out, a nice wide back will still show, wide shoulder will show, nice muscular legs will show.

GFollano

Last edited:
Have you gotten the suit yet?

I did!! it just came in, pretty pleased with it for 60 bucks, the webbing doesn't line up the best in a few spots but again it was only 60 bucks. The fit is good, I gave them a tone of custom measurements and had the mask removable, I will post some pics this evening and let you decide for yourself.

What... what the hell are you guys talking about?! Toby was bitten by a RADIOACTIVE SPIDER, and then he woke up buff. ******, didn't any of you actually WATCH the movie?

Or are you going to try to tell me that spider was CGI? Pffftttt... ridiculous. That stuff actually happened.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back