Where to get a Spider-man costume?

BobbyS95

I have been searching for a Spider-man costume for a while, and it seems that every costume that is being sold on here is $200+. I would love to have one of the custom costumes being sold on here, but I don't know if it is worth the money since I would probably only wear it twice a year (Halloween and Comic-Con). Would I be better off just buying a $50 one from Party City, or spend the money for a good one that I will barely wear?

My brother bought his on eBay a couple years ago (non-movie version) for like $250. the quality was great! I went to Universal Studios and I swear my brother's suit looked better than the professional costume actor they had there taking pictures ( also non-movie version). Quality vary's greatly, but you usually get what you pay for.

My brother bought his on eBay a couple years ago (non-movie version) for like $250. the quality was great! I went to Universal Studios and I swear my brother's suit looked better than the professional costume actor they had there taking pictures ( also non-movie version). Quality vary's greatly, but you usually get what you pay for.
Just gonna say that, you really do get what you pay for. A couple of friends picked up Spidey and Cap costumes from a really cheap online place, and they looked ridiculous!

$200 is not going to get you much. If your going for a comic suit look you Might get by with $400-500. A movie suit, well I'm in building one now and hope to get it done for around $1000 but that will be a ton of hours work for myself to glue webbing and emblems on.

By the way: Is there any online store or eBay seller, who sells a movie version of the costume? But not that cheap one. I would like to buy a good screen accurate one like seen in the movies. And of course it shouldn't fall apart after wearing it a few times.

Or is this just wishful thinking?

By the way: Is there any online store or eBay seller, who sells a movie version of the costume? But not that cheap one. I would like to buy a good screen accurate one like seen in the movies. And of course it shouldn't fall apart after wearing it a few times.

Or is this just wishful thinking?

Here you go best one you can get period, Brad can do the 3D printed webs of the the urethane webbing not cheap though. ;)

Suit

EyeSpy.jpg

Thanks for the hint, guys. The version with printed webs doesn't comply with my expectations (looks a bit cheap). But the one with the "real" webs is very cool. That's what I'm searching for. Does anyone know the price? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it on Spidey4fun's website.

Does anyone own any Zentai costumes or had any past experience with them? This one looks pretty good, and I can afford it too.

Attachments

• Lycra-Spandex-Unisex-Red-Spiderman-Costume-outfit-Zentai-3570-1.jpg
    Lycra-Spandex-Unisex-Red-Spiderman-Costume-outfit-Zentai-3570-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,009
Thanks for the hint, guys. The version with printed webs doesn't comply with my expectations (looks a bit cheap). But the one with the "real" webs is very cool. That's what I'm searching for. Does anyone know the price? Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it on Spidey4fun's website.

Of course everybody would like real webs but expect to dish out over $2000, you can get kits for around $1000 and do everything yourself, not a easy task to glue the webs ect.... The printed webs effect does the job and fits the need without being scared of ruining a $2000 costume, the rubber webs require high maintenance, my movie acccurate Spidey with real webs will only be for display. IMHO 40% is the suit and 60% is your body fitness which is more important than the costume for the overall look

GFollano

you can allways display it on a mannequin, that way you have something to look at all year

That's how I'm justifying paying over $1K for a costume that I'm wearing only once a year, put it on a mannequin and it'll make for a great decoration in your house!

Provided of course, your significant other isn't going to throw it in the trash when you're not looking.

Go with the higher priced costumes, you'll look at the cheaper ones and wish you hadn't.

Does anyone own any Zentai costumes or had any past experience with them? This one looks pretty good, and I can afford it too.

I just purchased this one, should have it in a couple weeks I will review it when i get it. I didn't get it from milanoo, I got it from another site though.

IMHO 40% is the suit and 60% is your body fitness

GFollano

:thumbsup yep!

I have never liked the look of the foam muscle suit versions either, to me fake muscles will look like fake muscles. If you have a scrawny body you will look like a scrawny spidey. If you have a pot belly.... etc.

The printed suits with muscle illusions are nice for giving the effect of those crazy mini ab muscles but a I feel a printed 6-pack on a pudge belly ruins the look.

Which is why I've been hitting the gym like crazy! :lol

Considering how lean Spiderman is and Tobey put on a little more muscle for the role, that's pretty sad :lol

Why is that? Just a thin dude, I'd have to as well. I was just saying some muscle suits just don't look fake if they are done correctly, most people never knew he wore one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back