where to get a good Firefly Captain Mal's Pistol resin kit

not sure AM is the way to go. do a search of the board...they don't have the best reputation. just sayin, is all :unsure

Does it need to be a kit? QMX are doing a new run a version of this pistol, already painted. Not perfect, but the price is pretty good.

Just checked the Arsenal version and, not to disparage, but it's not *that* accurate. If you just want a prop for a costume it would be great, but if you're looking for a collectible it's not the best.

yep, not the best reputation, nor the best pistol.
there is one on ebay from time to time, looks really good, but **** me off 50 uds shipping anddoesn't answer my messages.
the qmx its from serenity not firefly
and whant a kit, because its cheaper to star a project

ah, I never really took the time to compare it to the real deal.

I just know that if you want CHEAP resin kits, get Arsenal Models. They have some flaws sometimes, but worth the savings (typically).

Arsenal Models AKA Coolmodels on eBay = Recast city!

The one on eBay from blacklagoonboogieman, I'm 99% sure is a recast of a SidKit. I bought it and held them side by side and they were identical down to the imperfections.

Wilco had one that wasnt 100% accurate but it was not bad at all. Sold for under $40.00 But I'm not sure if he still makes them.

Wilco had one that wasnt 100% accurate but it was not bad at all. Sold for under $40.00 But I'm not sure if he still makes them.

He still does but you have to contact him directly. It can be made into a decent replica with some work. Notably the rear top sight, the trigger position is too far forward/guard not correct shape and the grip is not angled correctly. Be prepared to pester him weekly to get the item shipped.

i'm greedy i want it all cheap and accurate. hehe
but if i have to choose, i choose accurate.
i think im with the blacklagoonboogieman one

Ask around for a Phils casting which was cast from the hero prop. You DO NOT want to buy from a recaster.

i'm greedy i want it all cheap and accurate. hehe
but if i have to choose, i choose accurate.
i think im with the blacklagoonboogieman one

i know what you mean, but there arent a lot of options, wilco i dont like it, qmx its from serenity, i've love to get a sidkit metal kit, or any good kit, thats why im asking, but are really hard to get.
and im not familiar with Phils cast, how do i make contact with him, any pics?

It took me three years to track down a SidKit but I did it. This hobby takes work and determination which makes it fun. I wouldn't settle for a recast or anything less than what I want. It just takes time. Use a WTB thread, use the search option, find posts about the Phil's Cast and PM folks that might be able to help. Do your own investigating, folks will gladly help you here but they wont do all the work for you. Good luck!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back