Where to find some chrome lenses for a P1 Bio??

azurepred

Anyone have any ideas? I know most people use Biohunter's glossy black looking lenses, but would like to get some chrome ones.

I've yet to find a decent two way mirror plastic, but if you can find a smallish sheet of mirrored window tint film, you can attach that to a piece of clear acrylic sheet. The main problem is to stop it wrinkling, but it's the best method I've found yet.

thats actually a good idea, but not sure how flexible the material is? it looks like they are curved more than what would work on a Bio. And it also depends on the cost of one...........but it looks like you could get 2 or 3 lenses out of one of those if the material works.

You may be able to heat it up... worth looking into. Darthpinhead and I were at one point. Actually... ask I think Bovine... he had some kind of reflective visor on his bio.

I forgot about motorcycle visors...Bovine does have one in his Ancient, so I guess they work well. A heat gun would probably work nicely if they weren't curved quite right.

You can go to dollar store buy your self a cheap toy. Some thing comes in a clam shell package or a box. Use the plastic window you see the figure through as a lens. Cut it out and then apply some chrome window tint to the clear plastic and then cut a lens to fit the helmet. Then hot glue it in.

Doing this you can pick your thickness just look around for items with thinker plastic. You also get to bring home some thing you didn't need....

Faken brought this up at one time and I tried it out my self. You cant tell at all if done right. Look for some thing that has thick plastic, Works better,...

This helmet has this type of lens:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/custom01/DSCN2013.jpg
And this one:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/cus...1/Bluedust3.jpg

ask termokk what he uses.. i got a mirrored lense from him with the last bio i got.... also a cheap motorcycly visor would do the job as well

thats actually a good idea, but not sure how flexible the material is? it looks like they are curved more than what would work on a Bio. And it also depends on the cost of one...........but it looks like you could get 2 or 3 lenses out of one of those if the material works.

They are supplied flat, very flexible and most are non-brittle so you can cut them with stout scissors. I made template of card to fit the inside, then cut it out of the visor. Hot melt is the way to go. Use a soft spring clamp to hold the curve while the glue sets.

Another option you could try is replacement welders visor (grade 3). You can get them in a dark green which appears black once fitted, or there are silvered ones available. Again they are non-brittle and will cut with scissors.

I will use the visor from this googles on my bio:
http://www.profioutdoor.com/Spezielles/Ski...33e9ee6c4c3862d

1.JPG

2.JPG

I've yet to find a decent two way mirror plastic, but if you can find a smallish sheet of mirrored window tint film, you can attach that to a piece of clear acrylic sheet. The main problem is to stop it wrinkling, but it's the best method I've found yet.
you can stop it from wrinkling by using a water whit a little liquid soap solution.you put that in a spray bottle,spray on the clear acrylic and put the film on that.then you use a soft rubber tool to rub,from the middle to the outside,the soap solution from under the film.every buble and wrinkel should,if you take your time,disapear.i've done this on cars and it works every time if you practice a bit

Hey i will throw this out there, i use a replacment motercycle helmet and cut it up with a jig saw once you cover it in tape to protect it. It can be heated with a heat gun and bent to fit slightly.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back