Where to find knight helmets and the like?

LtPinkerton

Figured this would be the best place to post this.

Looking for any information on replica knight helmets and Roman era helmets. Have an amazing idea for a secret Santa gift but unfortunately can’t find reputable places to get these online.

A lot of places don’t have any reviews and I don’t want to purchase something and it be ****. Just looking for recommendations on vendors you all use.

Preciate it

I second Kult of Athena, lot of good products on their site. I also recommend watching a few videos from both Matt Easton and his Scholagladiatoria channel and The Metatron. Both are very knowledgeable on this topic and have done reviews of well made, historically accurate Medieval European and Roman helmets and where to get them. In general though, I'd avoid anything that's made in India, chances are it's going to be mass produced, not particularly historically accurate, likely won't fit well, and made from thin metal.

There are a LOT of armorers in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). They make helms that are fully functional, made of 14 to 18 gauge steel, and they fit within your budget.

knight-armor-medieval-sca-combat-harness-3.jpg

And a nice looking Crusader helm ($450 - $550 depending upon options!):

2aec3e_7efa90800bc04d5c9418e977d8d44dd0~mv2.jpg

Figured this would be the best place to post this.

Looking for any information on replica knight helmets and Roman era helmets. Have an amazing idea for a secret Santa gift but unfortunately can’t find reputable places to get these online.

A lot of places don’t have any reviews and I don’t want to purchase something and it be ****. Just looking for recommendations on vendors you all use.

Preciate it
Are you still looking? I have about 7 or 8 available...full steel like those shown above...various styles from Roman to Norman to Templar, etc. If you're still interested I'll post pics of them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back