Where to buy a quality replica graflex?

ToxicAvenger

Hi folks.

I followed this little...issue about jeff parks (mpp) on this board. I didn't read through the whole thing.

I've planned to buy a graflex replica from him in the past but I never had the time/money. Well that has changed :) But now I'm a little unsure about buying a graflex replica from mr. parks...

Is he an honest dealer? How is the quaility of the replica? Would you recommend him?

(sry for my bad english)

Now, as a new forum member you are not allowed in the Junk Yard yet, but my advice is to wait. It has been my experience that Graflex replicas turn up in the Junk Yard on a fairly regular basis. That's how i got mine just a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with it.

hellz yeah,

or be like me and pick up a REAL graflex top for 30 bucks. WOO HOO... :love

just got it in the mail minutes ago.

and to be honest there are a few scratches/blemishes... but the real props were borderline junk so...

the weathering occured naturally, now all i need is a clamp and a bottom, and im pretty sure that ill be under the typical 100 dollar replica price mark. :D

and even if i didnt, theres just something about holding the real deal. B)

im just saying i thought for a long time about getting a pristene replica, but i couldnt imagine spending 100 bucks or more, then trying to make it look used... :unsure

anyway, there are graflexes real and repro popping up in the JY all the time...

and EBAY.

seriously type in graflex

and there are plenty RIGHT NOW...

good luck.

pointed someone selling a nice one with all the bells and whistles your way.

he should have pmed you by now...

<div class='quotetop'>(ToxicAvenger @ Jul 15 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1281436[/snapback]</div>
Hi folks.

I followed this little...issue about jeff parks (mpp) on this board. I didn't read through the whole thing.

I've planned to buy a graflex replica from him in the past but I never had the time/money. Well that has changed :) But now I'm a little unsure about buying a graflex replica from mr. parks...

Is he an honest dealer? How is the quaility of the replica? Would you recommend him?

(sry for my bad english)
[/b]

I ordered a Ultimate Saber Kit (USK) from Parks on 28-OCT-2005 expecting the 8 to 12 week delivery. It's now approaching 40 weeks and I've yet to receive anything. I can't say I'd recommend him :angry .

ATL

Yeah, I was looking for this too. Either the real deal or a replica. I figured the replica would be a bit cheaper and since it gets modified anyway, no big deal (to me, I certainly can appreciate purists who want it authentic.)
There are only a few on ebay and they seem to be marching ahppily up out of my price... I'll wait for the junkyard. :)

I called Jeff Parks on a Friday, mailed a money order on a Saturday, got my Graflex that Thursday. I never had a problem with Parks, I just called first and talked to him first to make sure he had them in stock. As far as the Mpp's he wasnt suppose to get those in stock until August at the earliest.

go into a vintage camera shop with a star wars shirt on, and start asking questions...

its hillarious watching them squirm with disgust. :p

yeah and about mr parks, i think its safe to say you DONT want to order his ultimate saber kit...

remember kiddies if anything seems to good to be true... :p

let us know when ya find one.

did you get that PM from the guy with the replica?

I finally built 'my' version of the ESB Luke from a real Graflex conversion. Must say, the vintage camera gear is the way to go. IMHO. Nothing like as close to the way the prop makes did it back in the day.

I finally built 'my' version of the ESB Luke from a real Graflex conversion. Must say, the vintage camera gear is the way to go. IMHO. Nothing like as close to the way the prop makes did it back in the day.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back