Where to buy a prop Colt Peacemaker?

DarthLakey

Pretty much what the title says.

One restriction though, I live in Canada (since the colt peacemaker was originally manufactured before 1898, replicas of it are 100% legal), and there was nowhere I could find that ships here. If anyone happens to have a replica colt however, I will happily buy it from you (don't worry, it'll be in a good place - a new fallout fan webseries I'm making, set in Canada)

So, any ideas?

The Denix peacemakers are pretty good: i own one myself. Theyre nonfiring replicas- i believe you can also buy mock shells for them too

But there are no Denix suppliers that ship to Canada though. Do you still have that Denix of yours? I know you were going to do a hand of god thing, but you never finished...

Wow, that looks like a good alternative. Do you know if he offers them in grey/nickel plated? It also looks to be a bit on the pricey side (I know you get what you pay for).
I also contemplated using MyUS.com - MyUS.com - Top Rated Package and Mail Forwarding to get a Denix forwarded to Canada, but I'm worried about customs (even though its legal - and I don't think there's paperwork), as its kind of hard to explain with a mailed package that it is legal because the original firearm was made in 1873.

Also, if anyone wants to donate to our Fallout fan webseries, feel free to at:

Funding Needed for Fallout: Ronto Webseries! -- Indiegogo

(we're working on the pitch video at the moment, as well as more content - but for now the video is blank. If anone wants any more info on the project, feel free to PM me or post in this thread).

DarthLakey out.

EDIT: Does anyone know how good quality you get with Denix (nickel plated), and are they viable for film use?

Just saw the idea about battleorder but then - ouch! 25 pounds shipping...
I'm going to the UK soon though and have relatives whom I could send it to...
but will customs let it through without a hassle?

Just saw the idea about battleorder but then - ouch! 25 pounds shipping...
I'm going to the UK soon though and have relatives whom I could send it to...
but will customs let it through without a hassle?
To be honest, I don't know. If you say replicas are 100% legal in Canada then I can't see you having problems getting it into Canada, although they'd probably charge you a tax for it.

Your best bet might be to contact Battleorders and see if they could help you, they'd certainly know the laws regarding 'realistic imitation firearms' which the UK brought in a few years ago

Replicas that closely resemble an existing make of firearm are actually prohibited weapons in Canada. However, replicas of antique weapons (ones originally manufactures before 1898) are 100% legal (justice is blind, and also retarded). The problem is is I might have a hard time explaining to customs that because the peacemaker was made in 1873, it is completely legal. Especially if I'm not there. If i'm there it might be easier, but I don't know if my parents would appreciate the possible hold up when re-entering Canada from the UK

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back