Where the hell is everyone getting all this kryptonite?!

Why does all kryptonite have to literally come from the planet Krypton, from when the planet exploded?

In the real world, the various elements on Earth had been created in various celestial events billions of years ago. Why can't the kryptonite found on Earth also have been created in ancient celestial events?

Shocking and compelling evidence kryton was destroyed by the deathstar!!! alderaanb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

SHOCKING AND COMPELLING EVIDENCE KRYTON WAS DESTROYED BY THE DEATHSTAR!!!alderaanb.jpg

I've seen, from a few different sources, that Krypton was 1000 times bigger than Earth.

http://www.universetoday.com/13757/how-big-do-planets-get/

“The largest “terrestrial” planet is generally considered the one before you get too thick of an atmosphere, which happens at about 5-10 Earth masses (something like 2 Earth radii). Those planets are more Earth-like than Neptune-like.” - Dr. Sean Raymond, Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy (CASA) at the University of Colorado

I know I'm a broken record mate

But give this a listen. Very insightful, and unveils how much thought process the film-makers put into the DCEU, for all it's "detractors"

http://http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/44-kryptonite-spear/
What I like most about the podcast is that the host says outright that they are simply apologists for the DCEU and that the podcast is intended to be a detailed deconstruction but in a lighthearted spirit.

Last edited:
Every depiction of the stuff I've seen is some kind of crystal that's green and glows,possibly even shooting energy off...I dunno about you but that's about the last thing I'd go and pick up,sure it's dangerous to Superman but I'd want to know just what the damn thing may be doing to me! :lol

Every depiction of the stuff I've seen is some kind of crystal that's green and glows,possibly even shooting energy off...I dunno about you but that's about the last thing I'd go and pick up,sure it's dangerous to Superman but I'd want to know just what the damn thing may be doing to me! :lol

leukemia.

http://www.universetoday.com/13757/how-big-do-planets-get/

“The largest “terrestrial” planet is generally considered the one before you get too thick of an atmosphere, which happens at about 5-10 Earth masses (something like 2 Earth radii). Those planets are more Earth-like than Neptune-like.” - Dr. Sean Raymond, Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy (CASA) at the University of Colorado
Yeah, but you have to take into account comics physics don't hold to actual physics. Like the difference between the radiation from a yellow star and a red star giving powers. The radiation is negligible as far as habitable range. And you wouldn't get powers from it any more than you would get powers from a radioactive spider, or stretch powers or fire powers or invisible powers or turning into a giant rage monster from radiation. In real life radiation would cook your insides or give you cancer and kill you.

It's kind of like when the Millennium Falcon flies upside down and no one falls out of their seats.........:lol

What I like most about the podcast is that the host says outright that they are simply apologists for the DCEU and that the podcast is intended to be a detailed deconstruction but in a lighthearted spirit.

Absolutely, he does say that - and in this context, I was suggesting it to someone who also enjoyed BvS - not someone that dislikes the film. I've only ever suggested the podcast as a way to gain some wider insight and help enjoy stuff more really, such as in the release thread, though I'm certain no one bothered to check it out. I'm not particularly trying to hold it up as an impenetrable shield against criticisms (9/10 it would withstand the feeble blows though ;) )

Apologists is an annoying but understandable terminology. For a lot of people, they just cannot get on with these interpretations - yet I'm confident that if someone were happy to have their views challenged, and wanted to enhance their own enjoyment (and not revel in dislike), this would help them achieve that - whether the podcast host cares about changing minds is irrelevant really. At the very least it would provide some super interesting discussion points with which to argue against the movie, if that's what they enjoyed too. I just like that it provides avenues of intepretation and analysis I perhaps wouldnt have jumped to. Great way to pass the time at work.

Coming from the side of disliking the current interpretations, what did you think of it?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back