Question Where is this music comming from?

vader45

Sr Member
I keep hearing music play when I come here and I am not sure how to mute it or where its coming from or why. I was in the middle of a Youtube video and it just started playing.

I keep hearing music play when I come here and I am not sure how to mute it or where its coming from or why. I was in the middle of a Youtube video and it just started playing.
More than likely it's an auto-play ad (although there shouldn't be any). If you can locate the ad, we can block it. If you are using firefox, any tab that is playing audio will have the speaker icon next to the "x" on the right of the tab. That will allow you to tell if it's the RPF that is generating the music and you can click on the icon to mute it. I know that chrome shows the icon if audio is playing but I don't think that you can mute it just by clicking on it (there may be a setting that allows that).

More than likely it's an auto-play ad (although there shouldn't be any). If you can locate the ad, we can block it. If you are using firefox, any tab that is playing audio will have the speaker icon next to the "x" on the right of the tab. That will allow you to tell if it's the RPF that is generating the music and you can click on the icon to mute it. I know that chrome shows the icon if audio is playing but I don't think that you can mute it just by clicking on it (there may be a setting that allows that).

Thank you. I found the ad that did it and muted it.

Yeah this was doing this to me as well. The ad is in a small box but thankfully I could stop it, but there were two of them, so it was echoing.

Yeah this was doing this to me as well. The ad is in a small box but thankfully I could stop it, but there were two of them, so it was echoing.
If you can post a screen capture of the ad next time this happens, we can block it.

Happened right when I clicked on the funny pictures thread.
2 different ads both playing different music. Quite annoying.
Hopefully this helps.

ads.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back