Where can I get latex from?

Spothe

I am sure this must have been asked loads of times on here, but I'm struggling to find any links. Please could anyone let me know which is the best, and easiest! latex and air drying clays to use for a build, and also is there anywhere in Manchester, England where I can get them from, or do I have to use the Internet?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hey man, great to see a fellow Manc here even though im down south now. Where abouts are you? Latex is available in most art shops but is cheeper from ebay and basicaly the same stuff. Clays are available in art shops aswel and all the neccessary ingredients for moulding. Water based clays tend to crack when drying out but oil based keeps its shape and is reusable after for other projects.

The internet is really useful to find stuff that you cant find locally so you will have to use it sometime and google is priceless but in Manchester you should find everything you should need but cant think off the top of my head where the art shops are. Sorry. I do however know that on the industrial estate in stockport, near where the big morrissons is and comet etc , there is Hobbycraft and that would be a good place to start.

i reccommend you put a post in the introduce yourself section and read rules section and other pinned topics and hope you have fun with your build and welcome to the lair. Safe mate.

Thanks for that. I'm only in Denton so Stockport's just a stone's throw away.

I'll certainly try Hobbycraft and maybe search the Internet as well.

Once again, thanks for your help and take care

Paul

I googled for (liquid) latex .....
and there was a hit in a web shop ... with the text: For use on skin and clothes ..... is it the "same" Latex?

Maak je eigen latex outfit met deze Vloeibare Latex. Nadat de latex gedroogd is kan de latex weer verwijderd worden. De vloeibare latex kan ook gebruikt worden op kleding maar ook voor decoratie. De vloeibare latex droogt op bij kamertemperatuur en vormt een hoog elastische, sterk rubber op uw huid of kleding. Materiaal:100% Natuur Latex, Zwart

translated

Create your own latex outfit with these Liquid Latex. After the latex dried latex can be removed. Liquid latex can also be used on clothing but also for decoration. The liquid latex dries at room temperature and forms a highly elastic, strong rubber on your skin or clothing. Material: 100% Natural Latex, Black

I'm not an expert on latex but I would imagine it depends whether you plan to make moulds then castings or whether it is simply to latex over clothing to create a skin. If the latter then I don't think it matters too much what type you get as you simply sponge or brush it on in layers. I bought thickener with my drum to make it a bit heavier and cut down the number of coats I needed. Still didn't apply enough though.

I would ask one the gurus who make masks exactly what they recommend for pouring into moulds.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back