Where can I find Decals for New Series Galactica BSG 75

opal1970

does anyone have an idea where I can get the decal sheet for the new series Galactica? Specifically I am looking for the Landing bay (runway) decals.

I already contacted Moebius Models and they would be more than happy to accept an order but they are out at the moment and do not expect replacements until April. The Acreation aftermarket decal sheet seems to only have the outer plating etc. and not the runways that I need.

If I could be certain that it is 1:1, I might be able to work with a copy of them until I can get original decals, I would like to drill the holes for the landing lights and I just need the holes to coinceide with the decals.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
does anyone have an idea where I can get the decal sheet for the new series Galactica? Specifically I am looking for the Landing bay (runway) decals.

I already contacted Moebius Models and they would be more than happy to accept an order but they are out at the moment and do not expect replacements until April. The Acreation aftermarket decal sheet seems to only have the outer plating etc. and not the runways that I need.

If I could be certain that it is 1:1, I might be able to work with a copy of them until I can get original decals, I would like to drill the holes for the landing lights and I just need the holes to coinceide with the decals.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

I can make anything you want. If you provide the artwork, or at least some form of design... It's a no brainer.

Hi Underdog,
thanks for the offer. I did not think it would be that complicated or time consuming to order originals but I think I will end up doing them myself. I spoke to Moebius again yesterday and well, I think it will just be easier for all parties involved for me to go out and buy a new series galactica kit and then use the decals as reference. I will be using these for my TOS Galactica build and in addition I would like to have an extra Landing Bay opened up and displayed next to the ship (similar to the Big E shuttle bay display).
Getting a runway design should be the least of my problems, I just spent about an hour and a half the other day trying to create a 1:4000 viper, it turned out pretty good considering the wings were so small you can hardly see them with out a magnifying glass but now I have to see how well i can go into massproduction. I am NOT going to go through that torture another 75 (or more) times. I will also be making the shuttles but as they are a tad bit bigger (and the form is less complicated) it should be easier.

Ok anyhow, thanks for reading and the advice.

Jason

OK, well... I've got the graphics, so I hope by now that you've got what you needed.

Hi Underdog,
thanks for the offer. I did not think it would be that complicated or time consuming to order originals but I think I will end up doing them myself. I spoke to Moebius again yesterday and well, I think it will just be easier for all parties involved for me to go out and buy a new series galactica kit and then use the decals as reference. I will be using these for my TOS Galactica build and in addition I would like to have an extra Landing Bay opened up and displayed next to the ship (similar to the Big E shuttle bay display).
Getting a runway design should be the least of my problems, I just spent about an hour and a half the other day trying to create a 1:4000 viper, it turned out pretty good considering the wings were so small you can hardly see them with out a magnifying glass but now I have to see how well i can go into massproduction. I am NOT going to go through that torture another 75 (or more) times. I will also be making the shuttles but as they are a tad bit bigger (and the form is less complicated) it should be easier.

Ok anyhow, thanks for reading and the advice.

Jason

Thanks Underdog, yes, I am not certain how the originals look but I did some research on airport runways and I got a couple of good ideas regarding the markings and even lighting, it will probably turn out even better than the originals if I do them myself.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back