Where can I find a machinist for a lightsaber commission?

red4

Sr Member
I'm looking for a machinist preferably in the USA, but will consider other options.
Here's my design. It is not meant to house any electronics.

asR4pMI.png

Attachments

• asR4pMI.png
    asR4pMI.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
How is the Rebelscum owner named? I'm pretty sure he's a member here and he's from Texas. He has made, or at least knows, some machining.

Per your recommendation, I sent them a message. I do prefer machinists working in the USA though, to keep the shipping price down.
ahh sorry you didnt state where you were in the world so i went with the best i know here haha

How is the Rebelscum owner named? I'm pretty sure he's a member here and he's from Texas. He has made, or at least knows, some machining.

What is Rebelscum? Is that a website? Do you have a link?

- - - Updated - - -

ahh sorry you didnt state where you were in the world so i went with the best i know here haha

That's okay. My location is displayed below my avatar though. Still, no problem. I may very well go with a European machinist if I have to.

Draw it up in e-manchineshop's software and you can see what they'll quote you

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried it, but that software is incredibly cumbersome for someone who has never used 3D drawing software. I used the tutorial videos, and spent about an hour trying to draw something remotely lightsaber-shaped, and ended up with nothing more complex than a coin shape.

Cloudseeker custom sabers. I met this guy at celebration and saw some of his work and its phenomenal! I am currently in the process of ordering from him. Do a quick google search and you'll find his site.

Here is one I made on the MHS Builder site. Close to your for about $100.

Attachments

• saber.png
    saber.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 193
Here is one I made on the MHS Builder site. Close to your for about $100.

I've fine-tuned my design for 10 years, and looked into the MHS thingy several times. It just doesn't come close to what I want at all. For one thing, every piece in the MHS is far far too wide. It's like wielding a soda can as a lightsaber.

I actually paid a machinist to make my design last year, but he deviated from my design in strange ways and without warning.
The paint isn't the deviation - it's correct. The deviation is the number of rings in the central grip. Should be 8 instead of 7.
QyTNbiC.png

Last edited:
The pieces that make up the handles for MHS sabers are 1.45" in dia. 1.5" in the norm for completely custom sabers and most people consider that to be just fine. However not all hands are the same size so it's completely understandable if 1.5" dia. is too large for you.

For custom sabers, your best bet is to visit the forums that are specifically for custom sabers such as Imperial Royal Arms or FX-Sabers. There are several sabersmiths on both of those forums who do commission work. For sabersmiths, on Imperial Royal Arms, you would look at the "Consortium Members" section and the" Imperial Armory" category in the "Armory Sales and Trades" section. On FX-Sabers you would check the "The S.A.B.E.R. GUILD: Saber Manufacturers" section and the "The Mining Colony" category in the "The Cloud City" section. I hope that helps.

What are the dimensions for this drawing? I can show it to a guy I know here in North Carolina and see what he says.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back