When will Lucasfilm release the full series' of Droids and Ewoks?

Goonie

Sr Member
I bought Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 1 today and was wondering, any word if Lucasfilm will ever release the Droids and Ewoks complete cartoon series' on DVD or Blu?

I know there are two DVDs out there, one for each series, but each DVD only contains two episodes. These are two cartoons I watched when I was a kid and would like to see them released in their entirety. :cool

Droids had 13 episodes and Ewoks had 26 episodes.

And while they're at it, where's that official Holiday Special release? :lol

Or the Ewoks Adventures? Or are those already out? I didn't hear anything either way, just watched them as a kid on the VHS.

I believe they are now out of print and command a pretty hefty price.
I think you're right about being out of print, but as far as a hefty price, they're going for 28-30 used.

I had the Ewok movies on VHS and got them on DVD as soon as I could. It is a two sided disc, which is a PITA for kids. I copied both sides and stuck the original away.

I have been hoping for the release of Droids and Ewok cartoons. I was in a 5 and dime shop years ago and they had a few episodes on VHS, but at that point I had already gotten rid of my VHS player.

A few years ago my wife was hitting a garage sale and found a used VHS Droids tape. I think there are 5 or 6 episodes on it, all of them linked like a chapter. Something about a guy who is a slave but he turns out to be a prince and all the trouble the droids and their new owners go through in restoring him to power.
There were even a couple of pirates involved who were wearing bits of storm trooper armor...even though the parts were to small (or the pirates to over weight) to actually cover much.

I wonder if we'll ever see them. It seems most dvd companies release a "collection" of a few episodes to see if there is enough interest to release the full seasons/series. Perhaps they didn't sell well enough to warrant the attention? My wife got me the Droids and Ewoks dvds when they first came out and I only made it about one episode in. They were pretty hard to watch.

I wonder if we'll ever see them. It seems most dvd companies release a "collection" of a few episodes to see if there is enough interest to release the full seasons/series. Perhaps they didn't sell well enough to warrant the attention? My wife got me the Droids and Ewoks dvds when they first came out and I only made it about one episode in. They were pretty hard to watch.

i was the same way about episode 1-3..lol . i think they could have re-released the figures in an anniversary type style and they would sell like crazy

I like the Droids DVD, it is fun. Got it for $9.99 at best buy last year.

Here is some info on the series & dvd from the world Wide Web...

The cartoon series lasted one season and was made up of thirteen regular episodes in 1985. There was also a two-part television special entitled, "The Great Heep" in 1986. Following the original run of the complete series, the entire show was rebroadcast as part of The Ewoks and Droids Adventure Hour the same year, along with its series counterpart, Star Wars: Ewoks. The Droids, and Ewoks were also played on the Sci Fi Channel back in 1993 as a part of their early morning Sci-Fi cartoon run.

An edited compilation DVD with the title Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids was released on November 23, 2004. The DVD contained eight episodes of the series, edited together as two full length movies. Besides cutting the theme song of the series, many other small modifications were made for the home video releases, most notably changes to the soundtrack.[2]
Episodes 5-8 were edited together to make The Pirates and the Prince (which was previously released on VHS in 1996).[3] Along with other changes to the soundtrack, Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band are seen singing a different song than they sang in the original series.
Episodes 10-13 were edited together to make Treasure of the Hidden Planet. A new prologue is narrated by Alex Lindsay (digital effects artist for The Phantom Menace),as the voice of Mungo Baobab. Along with other changes to the soundtrack, the song that R2-D2 plays on the jukebox is now the song that the Max Rebo Band plays in The Pirates and the Prince.
The entire original series has yet to be released on any home video format. Some of the original episodes were released in the 1980s and '90s on VHS. Star Wars prequel trilogy and DVD producer Rick McCallum, along with Lucasfilm head of fan relations, Steve Sansweet, have reportedly stated that a future release of the series in its entirety on DVD is possible.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back