When is the Polar Lights NX-01 large model coming out?

Review up at starshipmodeler!
icon_biggrin.gif

http://starshipmodeler.com/trek/lj_nx01_preview.htm

lj_nx01_preview02.jpg

Now c'mon Polar, do one of the REAL Enterprises as a big kit!
icon_biggrin.gif

- k

All of us who ordered from Scale Hobby got screwed...

Steve's excuse was that Polar Lights raised the cost at the last minute, but that's BS, because it's not supposed to happen (and HASN'T) until the second wave of shipments.

Every other retailer on the web still has the price at $41.95 and $42.95. I cancelled my order and asked for a refund. I turned around and ordered from Mega Hobby for $41.95 and should have it on Friday.

I won't be ordering from Scalehobby again.
icon_frown.gif

Well. I just joined the ranks of the Polar Lights Enterprise NX-01 owners. I just ordered it from MegaHobby.com. It was less than $50 shipped. So if you are going to get one I would suggest MegaHobby. I think the price will only increase as sales pick up on this kit.

Just my opinion!

Can't wait to get it!
icon_biggrin.gif

Kenny

Hey guys, I have an update on this kit as to where the lowest price is. I get this info now when I ordered mine this morning!!!!

Anyhoo, modelroundup.com has them for $39.90. I just recieved an email from them just moments ago. I didn't think that they would have it since they didn't carry the Klingon D-7 by PL. But, the have it in stock now.

PHArchivist, why wait for the price to go up or run the risk of the stores not carrying it at all. You will pay in the neighborhood of $40-50 for it even if it does come to the stores. Ordering if from one of these online stores all you are paying extra for is the shipping!

Just wanted everyone to know!

Kenny

I am always a day late and a dollar short, I tell you what...I..don't ....know ...what ..the world.......................

My local hobby store has the NX-01 for $60. When I was a kid I made models that I bought with my allowance. Either some kids are going to miss out or allowance is a lot more than it used to be.

Depends how long ago you were a kid. I used to get $2 a fortnight when I was a teen. A big Airfix kit cost $5-$6.

I know some kids at home get $100 a fortnight now or have to get jobs at McD or KFC like my son has.

Now and then is apples and oranges when you talk about such things and personally I think $40-$60 is peanuts for a kit like this.

Cheers

Tony

I recieved my kit today and this thing is friggin huge. It is really a cool kit. It has a lot of clear parts makes for easy lighting. Even the port windows are in clear plastic!
The ends of the nacelles are made with holes in them for LEDs it seems. Now if someone could put their talent to work and make the nacelle lights that would be great!

Kenny

Well, I swung by the Hobbytown USA here in town and they had 3 of the kits sitting up on the top shelf! I looked at the price, and expected something really high, and saw "retail price $59.99. Hobbytown price $49.99." So........... I now have a really huge kit sitting in the living room and a lot of paint to buy.............

Any tips on the best way to attempt to paint the "aztec" panels? I was thinking some kind of low tack material to put over the base coat and cut out the areas. Any tips anyone could offer?

Anyone know of a good place to get lighting kits and such for attempting to light this puppy? With all those windows set up and ready to go, this thing begs to be lit up. Not sure about how to do the engines though...... It also looks like you have to paint a lot around the clear side segments of the nacelles. No fun!

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Betamin wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
With all those windows set up and ready to go, this thing begs to be lit up.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Agreed!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back