Whats Your Ideal Predator Infrared Vision?

icyone

I made this mock up of my ideal Predator vision and cross posted it on the avpgalaxy.net forum.

The movies change the Predator's infrared vision with each film. It constantly gets better as our cameras or in the case of Predator 1, the animation gets better.

I made this a little while ago. This is my ideal Predator infrared vision.

What do you think? Feel free to post your ideal vision too.

With Mask:
33ur5zk.jpg

Basically I used Photoshop and used adjustment layers to add gradients to different sections of the screenshot.

Humans were white-->yellow--->orange-->red-->purple-->blue

Guns were white-->dark fuschia-->dark purple

background was very light blue-->sky blue-->blue-->black.

It just so happened that the black only filled out the sky sections.

The Predator's natural infrared vision without the mask on:
1znqyxt.jpg

The gradiant adjustment layer this time was: Black-->red-->orange-->yellow.

I like what you've done way better than what's in the movies. The helmet one works well, just the right amount of definition for the bio display for hunting. The No Helmet Version is great!! I always thought " How the **** can you make all of these bad ass weapons and space ships, with blurry as hell vision?"

I like the one with helmet on to be honest lol

I actually found a predator vision app recently that you can download for FREE to android phone if you have one https://market.andro...mN5YmVyYmciXQ..

Dude that is awesome. Too bad I only have an ipod touch. :( No Android for me.

I like what you've done way better than what's in the movies. The helmet one works well, just the right amount of definition for the bio display for hunting. The No Helmet Version is great!! I always thought " How the **** can you make all of these bad ass weapons and space ships, with blurry as hell vision?"

Exactly! The blurry undetailed vision shown in the movies would be very hard to idetify between different surfaces like various metals.

Still the vision gets better with each movie so it is likely that the Predator true infrared vision is far more detailed than anything that we can show with our current infrared cameras.

For the mask though, doesn't it add a filter to a specific temperature range so it just highlights things in the human range of heat? 37 degrees Celsius, or whatever range the Predator sets it to.

I hear ya man. The vision is definitely getting better with each movie.

I'm sure the bio has all sorts of settings. Remember in Predator 2 when he's in the meat packing plant and switches to a different filter that showed the light beams and the dust particles. In the AVP series when the bio scans are species specific.

funny that I agree about the vision getting better with each film, but I think its interesting that the yautja culture is built on light technology, I mean look at the cloaking tech, all about being bending light around the body, thermal imaging, infra-red all about light technology. I was thinking that if a predator didn't have cloaking tech, it would really get it's ass kicked, it carries light armor and is open to being shot.

funny that I agree about the vision getting better with each film, but I think its interesting that the yautja culture is built on light technology, I mean look at the cloaking tech, all about being bending light around the body, thermal imaging, infra-red all about light technology. I was thinking that if a predator didn't have cloaking tech, it would really get it's ass kicked, it carries light armor and is open to being shot.

The armor that they do wear can deflect bullets though with little to no damage easily. The only reason they do not wear more is to show their toughness. They can already take multiple shotgun shells to the chest and live.

Most of our technology is based on light too: TVs, computers, road signs, etc because we are primarily a vision oriented species. Unlike other animals we have kind of poor senses of smell and hearing, and out tactile sense is very short range compared to our sight.

Plus in war and hunting we wear camoflage to not be seen. If we could bend light and become invisible we would do that instead. The yautja just beat us to it.

I've heard people say that the Yautja are cheating and that the fights are never fair but thats exactly what people do when we hunt something the only difference is that the Yautja are also hunting us.

How are they cheating? If a yautja drops all of it's weapons and takes off his mask he is bringing itself to the same level as the prey.

Look at the Dutch vs Anytime fight. The only difference at the end was that Anytime was bigger than Dutch phyiscally. That is not cheating, just biology.

I've heard people say that the Yautja are cheating and that the fights are never fair but thats exactly what people do when we hunt something the only difference is that the Yautja are also hunting us.

Yes indeed. I think too many people don't grasp the difference between "hunting" and "fighting". Preds are HUNTERS, not warriors.

That was one of the biggest gripes I had about the "Predators" movie---most of the techniques the Preds used there were guerrilla warfare techniques, NOT hunting techniques.

I agree preds are hunters not warriors, they use stealth as part of the hunt, their eye sight is pretty poor in comparison to ours, so it was only natural that they were going to advance that technology. When you think about it, they really are the superior hunters, they are almost completely invisible, they see in a large light bandwidth range, they are use to a heavier gravity so they a stronger, they are very tough to kill and they have an honour code that says not to kill anything that isn't a challenge or poses a threat. Too finish it off, they have energy based weapons that pack a hell of a punch! You can't help but admire them!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back