What's your favourite Greeble

Vacformedhero

Sr Member
Hi , I am fascinated with the details on studio models, but wondered has anyone got any Greeble that's your favourite , whether it was a difficult to identify Greeble that took an age to find out or a favourite Greeble you use whether it's a well known product you have used on multiple builds to fill engine areas or some kit part that when cut up really works well.

Hard for me to pick up one from my 600+ kits I have.
The Karl and Leo are great because they have tons of cool parts !
I love the vintage Shinano and Yamato too.
I like the Steyr too.

The Karl Morser and Leopold are my absolute go-to kits for greeblies!

I try lots of tank, aircraft and auto kits to see what new bits are usable. I've even used parts from those old Visible Human kits.

I'm partial to the Sd Kfz 222, just because it's the one studio scale donor I've actually built and am familiar with. It's pretty snazzy out of the box, too.

If I had to chose one kit that I've used the most kit bashed parts from it would probably be the 1/25 British Centurion or the 8 Rad. Both kits are used on about every Sci first ship I can name.

i'm gonna go with the tamiya 1/12 scale formula 1 ferrari 312T4.tons of great greeblies in these kits.i got a few of em.the engine pieces are fantastic!!!

Building the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon has forced us to recreate MANY of the greeblies we see throughout the cockpit. Trying to pick out one greeblie is tough! From a simplistic perspective I LOVE the Volvo dash cluster. From a fabrication standpoint I love the Vertical Gauges and Sliders we designed or the the trays on the upper panels.

Like I said... tough question to answer! :)

Hard to tell, since all of my greeblies are made, or ripped/re-used from old computers, laptops, printers, scanners, mechanical toothbrushes, make-up caps, ink cartridges for photocopying machine and faxes, etc;)

Mine has to be the Flakvierling. It´s used on so many SW models, and I also like to use it when modifying and detailing SW models which didn´t use Flakvierling parts or never even existed in physical form - it´s my way of 'starwarsifying' a model. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back