What's up with modern ship designs?

Well, I guess this is as best a thread as any, and I'm nervous about what you guys think of this. I was playing around at work with Paint 3D, just killing time, and using 2D shapes and I came up with this design. The front of the ship is the top of the picture, the back is at the bottom. There is a windshield (towards the front, the very end of it has a curved edge before reaching the nose of craft. It's meant to be a single-person space transport, that it has two different sets of engines (one mainly for space flight and two engines built into the body for atmospheric flight) has a sizeable interior for one person and I've been toying around with possibly making it as a model. Probably the most impractical space vehicle design, but I kinda like it. I don't have a real "name" for it, so I've just been calling it "The Phoenix." And I only have this one view.

ShipDesign1.jpg

Well, I guess this is as best a thread as any, and I'm nervous about what you guys think of this. I was playing around at work with Paint 3D, just killing time, and using 2D shapes and I came up with this design. The front of the ship is the top of the picture, the back is at the bottom. There is a windshield (towards the front, the very end of it has a curved edge before reaching the nose of craft. It's meant to be a single-person space transport, that it has two different sets of engines (one mainly for space flight and two engines built into the body for atmospheric flight) has a sizeable interior for one person and I've been toying around with possibly making it as a model. Probably the most impractical space vehicle design, but I kinda like it. I don't have a real "name" for it, so I've just been calling it "The Phoenix." And I only have this one view.

Good as any design...but something tells me that this is very "Alien" franchise design;) Another thing that we've failed to mention is: how is that design looks on camera? In terms of "Dynamic rolls and passes" in front of the lens, you'll want some kind of wing span (more interesting)!
Now, if you want looooooooooooooooonnnnnggggg passes in front/over/under the lens, then, you'll want huge flat surfaces full of greeblies (thing about the Empire's ships or 2001 Discovery, or Aliens). Sometimes, a ship will be build, but it's "missing" something. The model just isn't right...sometimes, it's just that:)

Good as any design...but something tells me that this is very "Alien" franchise design;) Another thing that we've failed to mention is: how is that design looks on camera? In terms of "Dynamic rolls and passes" in front of the lens, you'll want some kind of wing span (more interesting)!
Now, if you want looooooooooooooooonnnnnggggg passes in front/over/under the lens, then, you'll want huge flat surfaces full of greeblies (thing about the Empire's ships or 2001 Discovery, or Aliens). Sometimes, a ship will be build, but it's "missing" something. The model just isn't right...sometimes, it's just that:)

Well, I didn't have any thought on the design when working on it. I can see a bit of the "Alien" thing you've mentioned. I did have a story idea I was kicking around that involved a space-based MMO game that this could be featured in (as this could be a replacement vehicle for the lead character's playable character). After looking at it, I did consider having wings that fold into the sides of the ship during normal space flight that can fold out for atmospheric flight

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back