Question What's this friend request business?

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay. I don't get it?

What's this friend request business? Does it serve a purpose? What happens if you "accept" someone as a friend?

I mean, call me simple, but I figured anyone can drop me a message/PM if they want to, regardless.

This friend thing makes things awkward. It seems the new guys are fond of sending these requests. I don't want to be a dick, but you know you're labeled as one the second you don't accept a newbie who comes a knockin'...

Again. What's the point of this feature? I've done without for a decade, here. :confused
I just prefer to know someone before I label myself as a "friend."

Last edited:
By all that is sacred and holy.... DON'T ACCEPT!!! Monsters will eat you!!!

:lol:lol:lol

I only laugh because I have gotten several PMs with virtually the same question with people thinking that accepting a friend request will somehow allow other members access to the private information of their friends.

At the moment the friends feature doesn't server a great purpose as it simply puts those you accept on a "friends" list.

In the future, it can be used to allow certain people access to certain things you post in your profile.

WOW... becoming more an more like a dating service.

I'm a dick, so don't ask to be my friend... as I'll probably get hungry and eat... oh wait... no... that's creating the wrong mental picture... go away... run far away... pixies...

yeah, man...forcing me to be sociable and sh#t. Don't these pups know I have props to make?!:lol

Just hit me odd...the new guys sending the requests.

I'm thinking, "Who are these people?!"

I don't use the friend system on any forum/ message board.

If I don't accept your friend request it doesn't mean I hate you, just that this isn't facebook, and I don't look at # of friends as a status symbol.

-Charles

well i have a question.

my wife and I are on here and we are still contacts to eachother and not friends and for the life of me i cannot find the "befriend button" or anything like that!

Revo

FRIEND.jpg

Seems you already got a friend.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back