What's the story on HASBRO's Signature Series Luke Skywalker ANH lightsaber?

121Gigabytes

I am interested in purchasing one of these with the removable blade. What's the story on this thing? What is the general consensus on the accuracy and quality of this lightsaber? I can't find any of them for sale online that is low priced compared with the others. Why is this particular version so expensive, is it rare?

I have the Anakin "removable blade" saber. I've never held a real Graflex *sad face* so I can't tell you the accuracy.

What is the "Signature Series"? What's the difference?

I took some comparison shots for you.

I own a real Graflex (top) and a Hasbro force fx removable blade Luke ANH (bottom).

The Hasbro is a little bit wider and longer than the real thing. The grips are softer than hardplastic and thicker.
The glass eye is bigger and not clear glass.
The D-ring isn't propeely aligned and has not the right dimensions.

See for your self.

uploadfromtaptalk1424422217871.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424422237896.jpg asset.php.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424422276433.jpg assebt.php.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424422304945.jpg

asseat.php.jpg

Last edited:
I remember something about these Hasbro sabers were originally Master Replicas before Hasbro acquired the Star Wars license? So, Master Replicas/Hasbro made these Force FX versions slightly bigger to accommodate the electronics?

WhillB : I think the "Signature Series" denotes the Removable Blade feature....?

Last edited by a moderator:
The glass eye in the hasbro is actually attached to the inner guts or something. There is a cut-out in the outer shell the same size as the Anakin saber's brass button, I believe they use the same graflex shell for both, or they used to.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back