What's the largest Moonliner Rocket (kit) available?

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi, guys.

I'm curious. What's the largest Moonliner kit out there? Has anyone done one in metal?

Thanks!

Rylo

Last edited:
Re: What´s the largest Moonliner Rocket (kit) available?

Did Captain Cardboard do a large one..? I dunno if it's still in production..it was resin though, not metal.

Phil

Just looked at the atomic city site, it says it's no longer in production, but was 39" high..looks great !! I wish I'd got one now..

Phil

The Moonliner will be released by Masterpiece Models very soon. They acquired my masters. I do not know the price or if they reengineered anything.

Scott

Ugh, their Time Machine kit was utter crap. I hope they do your model justice and watch their quality control!!!

Be smarter than I was and ask if they have a return policy, in case you get something sub-par, too.

I built two of their highest end kits with lights/motor - there were voids and bubbles EVERYWHERE - in every bend and bolt.

DSC06124.jpg

DSC06122.jpg

DSC05386.jpg

Ug. I remember all of the months of crap that Jason had to go through to get that thing to look good.

I second that motion. I hope their QC is very good. How someone could have looked at those Time Machine castings and said "This looks good to ship" is beyond me.

I have recently decided that I am no longer wasting hundreds of hours of my life fixing sub-par crap that kit-makers foist on us. I have turned down a lot of requested kit build-work for that reason. I have also sold/traded away a lot of crappy kits in my stash. I am not dealing with it anymore.

Here's to hoping the new kit will be great!

I have Scott's (traded with Jason) Moonliner kit. I believe that (at 39 inches tall) it is currently the largest model kit of this ship available.

Oh, yah...Ry...

METAL...

HIJACK!!!!

You sold MY phaser rifle kit to Gary Fine who is now asking me to build it for him. I wanted to buy/trade you for that darn thing. You never told me you were selling it. :unsure

So right back at ya, sparky!!! :lol :lol :lol

Its the cirrrrr-cle of liiiiiiife....iiiiit's a road unwiiiiiiin-diiiiing...you selllllll off your prooooooops...and the trade's not bin-diii-iiing....

he he.

HIJACK AGAIN!! MUHAHAHA!!!

This is NOT a STUDIO SCALE-related topic anyway, so the thread police will soon be here to delete it.

In before the lock!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back