What's the best expanding foam for vinyl kits?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Keith

Sr Member
I have a new horizon ED-209 on its way to me and i was wondering whats the best expanding foam to use on this sort of kit?

I have always filled vinyl kits with resin, or fiberglassed them on the inside and although i plan on filling the legs of the ED-209 with resin, i want to fill the head section with expanding foam.

BTW, here is a new target thingy that i just made for the ED-209 model:

Keith.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RickDTM

Sr Member
Smooth On makes a great range of foams. Check here:

http://www.smooth-on.com/foams.htm

Mountians in Minutes also works pretty well. I would avoid using the canned stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. For me, they didn't dry right (unbeknownst to me) and when I glued the pieces together, by the next day they were quite swollen. Gotta tell ya, a Rancor w/a balloon head is not a pretty sight.....

Keith

Sr Member
Thanks for the info.
It would be really bad if the foam expanded so much that it deformed the shape of a rare model. I might just fiberglass it on the inside like i did with my horzon T2 hunter killer.

Thanks,

Keith.