What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally got around to starting on this. I hand sculpted/ hand shaped the Tools..... using Intercell plastic. Then got my painter buddy to MirraChrome them. Hope you dig.

I’ve always loved the look of that and you’ve really captured it, man. I was showing the movie to my friend for the first time a few months ago and we really loved wondering about what else the other tools did. Any theories yourself?:p

Repairing a large crack in my new Invasion Cyberman helmet. I recently bought this, along with a bunch of other Doctor Who prop reproductions; and sadly, this one did not make the trip unscathed. Secured with Cyanoacrylate and stryrene "stitches" on the interior, then model putty, and silver Rub'nbuff to even out the color.
received_187249032593190.jpeg
IMG_20200317_021749.jpg
IMG_20200317_021542.jpg
IMG_20200317_024537.jpg

IMG_20200329_144847.jpgIMG_20200329_144801.jpgIMG_20200329_144827.jpg

Made this a week or so. Clearly my decal applying skills need work but it was only intended to be a quick build to scratch and itch I had :D

Turns out the contents of the flask taste like energy drink.

I did this AVP Large Cal. Shoulder Cannon years ago. Still trying to figure out what to do with the pyramid casket exterior design. But thought I`d post a vid here for peeps to check out. Jerome Kelty did the animatronics and lighting. Hope you dig.

This found it's way back to my workbench as I pack for my move, totally forgot about it in the back of my closet, even though the sub sat on a table to my right.... This video is of the control room of my Moebius Seaview that has sat for over 10 years as I got distracted by other new shinny kits, you all know how that goes, but letting it sit has allow me to update some of the hardware I had put in it long ago. Just goes to show that procrastination can be a very good thing....:lol:

I'm in awe of you guys!

As I said my propbuilding is simplistic and, frankly, lazy. Add to that I'm a cosplayer, and my priority is having a prop that's durable, lightweight, and will pass though Security Weapons Check.

For my Exile Ser Barristan Selmy cosplay I needed a sword prop. My first decision was that it would be a one-piece prop with no separate sword that could be drawn. This would have a much better chance of passing Weapons Check.

My second decision was to not follow the actual prop in the way that the waistbelt and the scabbard are one integral and inseparable unit. This was so if Weapons Check doesn't allow the sword into a Con I can remove the sword and continue to wear the belt. (I can always re-build the belt at some future time to be screen accurate.)

As it happens the guard of Barristan's exile sword is identical to Jon Snow's, so I picked up one cheaply and traded pommels with another foam sword.

7fFboVZ.jpg

Here's with bondo

2UPiyei.jpg

Oddly, the handle of Barristan's sword, and the scabbard, both appear to be covered with the same fabric. I found some that's very close.

CkCjmVO.jpg

As I said no separate scabbard, so I crudely built the tip and band from foam (my first lame attempt at doing anything with foam) and bound the handle with heavy twine, which as best I can tell is how Barristan's is done.

JQQ1wQJ.jpg

The "metal" bits done

9HlS1Kw.jpg

And covered in the same fabric as the handle.

aCy5Bhh.jpg

Just today I finished! (Yes the ends of the leather just dangle like that.)

r6LprBb.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the belts (above) and my replicas (below).

The correct stamp they used for Barristan's belts is included in a set of Celtic-themed stamps from Tandy Leather.

O4xYbaJ.jpg

Attachments

• UXIEtjW.jpg
    UXIEtjW.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 120
  • AtMBEFW.jpg
    AtMBEFW.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
What's on my workbench?

I suppose the easier question is what isn't on my workbench(es) but here's some highlights...

Got me a new 3D printer. Here it is on bench one:
P1010021.JPG

Backing up a bit, bench two has my in-progress 3D printed BFG from DOOM, my ready-to-mold (finally) prototype for the First Order Flametrooper helmet, the Seventh Sister helmet kit I picked up from reelprops, a new Combat Garden Gnome and a silly taxidermy sculpt in progress, and scattered other odds and ends:
Shop PIcs44.jpg

Bench three has the beginnings of my mold for the Second Sister helmet from Jedi: Fallen Order, some other garden gnome molds and casts in progress, some Shoretrooper lower legs I need to finish assembling and painting, and some raw cast Mandalorian Armorer parts:
Shop PIcs45.jpg

Bench four is covered in finished combat garden gnomes, a couple of mythosaur skulls that need clearcoat and weathering, two finished Mandalorian Armorer helmets, and my in-progress 3D print of Paz Vizla's heavy blaster:
Shop PIcs46.jpg

Bench five is the least cluttered. I've been making fiberglass mothermolds, so it has the benefit of being covered in sticky goo and itchy dust:
Shop PIcs47.jpg

Around the corner in the painting room, the main bench is covered in various bits and pieces in primer:
Shop PIcs48.jpg

I haven't done much finish painting lately, so the rest of the paint room is just cluttered with works in progress (minus the progress).

I'll be making a few shiny things soon though, so I'm going to have to clear this stuff out and give the space a proper blowdown:
Shop PIcs49.jpg

Meanwhile, in the "dusty work" room, backburner projects continue to stack up:
Shop PIcs52.jpg

This corner is most of a set of First Order stormtrooper armor from my molds as well as some of my next Fallout T-60 Power Armor set:
Shop PIcs53.jpg

Closest to getting back on the front-burner are these guys:
Shop PIcs51.jpg

Who sit next to the shelves of other things in various stages of not getting done:
Shop PIcs54.jpg

Then, on the way out, is the table covered in things I need to sort, store, and/or ship:
Shop PIcs50.jpg

So I guess it's a lot.

Haven’t built a saber in years. Just finished up a Russ V2, and I’m in process of modifying a Korbanth crossguard v2. Last time I built up a saber was pre-shapeways/3D printing proliferation. It’s incredible how much easier it makes everything.

Attachments

• DACFA303-DCF1-48F2-B104-70A5D692402E.jpeg
    DACFA303-DCF1-48F2-B104-70A5D692402E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back