What would be inside Harry Potter's trunk?

MymlanOhlin

I'm a graphic designer and have been working on some trunk interiors for some of the Harry Potter kids. This means I've been sitting just thinking about what each character would have in their trunk. A Chudley Cannons poster in Ron's is a given, as is a stack of the Quibbler in Luna's.

Basically, if the characters were high school kids, what would be taped up on the inside of their lockers? What do you guys think?

Throughout the movie series, he goes through the contents of his trunk several times.

Things that should be included are his invisibility cloak, picture of his parents, the sweater Ron's mom made him for his first Christmas at Hogwarts, his Hogwarts acceptance letter, Voldemorts horcrux, cards from chocolate frogs, Sirius Black's wanted poster and other newspaper clippings. Naturally his robes and regular clothing would be on there as well.

I remember in Book 7 Harry goes through the contents of his trunk one last time before leaving the Dursleys, and some of the contents included a shard from the magic mirror Sirius Black gave him (he smashed it in anger at the end of Book 5), some broken quills, his invisibility cloak, some of his old school books, the sneakascope Ron gave him stuffed in a thick pair of wool socks Dobby gifted, the enchanted photo album Hagrid gave him, that Quidditch History book, as well as other items already mentioned.

Last edited:
Great thread! There are just so many things that could work. Honeydukes sweets packages, books, clothing items.

The trunk I have in my collection is one of my top favorites pieces I own...but it’s mostly empty inside!

j22Lh2V.jpg

I feel like in Harrys would be the picture of the Order of the Phoenix, maybe Sirius Blacks wanted poster as its one of the few pictures of his uncle, the frog trading cards tacked up, maybe tickets to the quidditch games...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back