What were your "holy grail" acquisitions this year?

Dagobah Don

Sr Member
I found two of my holy grails, this year, without breaking the bank. The Ghostbusters watch is missing the side buttons, but I have already found replacements and is impossible to find for a reasonable price. Likewise, the Marty McFly Aiwa Walkman. Never thought I'd be able to own either, so I'm wondering if anyone else feels they got lucky this year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 12.06.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 12.06.32 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 122
  • tempImagex5KUna.png
    tempImagex5KUna.png
    991.8 KB · Views: 125
IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

This one has been on my list for a long time, they don't come around often. I felt it only fitting to show my Laser Pistols too, even though those are not this years acquisition, they are all made by Eric Nagy.

All of them have lights and sound effects. They come fully built and finished, absolutely immaculate work and very well built with solid construction. I have several Nagy's and they are all like that. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
Again, a build rather than an accquisition, but I am beyond thrilled with my Blade Runner PKD blaster, built from the kit(s) provided by Tip Top Workshop in partnership with Anders Pedersen who created the original STL files. It's mostly resin (with some metal parts) but beautifully accurate and with enough functionality (sprung triggers, a working cylinder and bolt action) to make it a really lovely replica. I believe there's an all-metal version in the works too... to look forward to for next year perhaps!

5D4229EA-C022-48C1-BA4A-CD3CBA39BA58_1_201_a.jpeg EB4AF182-7198-46B6-AB40-F8AD416E243D_1_201_a.jpeg

i got this off ebay.
not from any tv show/movie
a richard coyle original design
used to be sold in STARLOG and other sci-fi mags of the time
40+ years old and original sound and light fx still work.
i wanted one since i originally saw it advertised in SCI-FI FANTASY MODELER but was never able to get one.
40+ years later i finally own one lol
20210502_094438.jpg

This year I acquired two limited edition EFX helmets. I regularly searched for these and have narrowly missed a couple opportunities at getting them in the past. I had almost given up hope of being able to get them.

IMG_20211229_184516__01__01__01__01__01.jpgIMG_20210521_172209__01__01__01.jpg

Mine were a lot of inexpensive versions of things I didn’t need perfect replicas of.

The noble collection Jumanji board.
Galaxy’s Edge Obi Wan ep1 hilt.
EFX stormtrooper helmet.
And I don’t know if I can count this but the Haslab Proton pack. Not in hand but paid for. Most important prop purchase of my life.

Marto Highlander Connor McLeod katana. Been wanting one for decades. Finally bought myself one. Notice I didn't mention which Highlander movie. That's because when it comes to that movie franchise, there can be only one. :p The sequels do not, I repeat, do NOT exist.

SltgCzw.jpg

Marto Highlander Connor McLeod katana. Been wanting one for decades. Finally bought myself one. Notice I didn't mention which Highlander movie. That's because when it comes to that movie franchise, there can be only one. :p The sequels do not, I repeat, do NOT exist.

View attachment 1529009
Absolutely beautiful! I've never watched anything with "Highlander" in the title except the original 2 cuts of the film.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back