What were the ANH stormtrooper boots painted with?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One for the ANH trooper experts. What were the black 'Mods' style boots painted with?

White spray paint? White brushed on household paint? Special paint for leather, etc. ?

Thanks

I doubt it would be spray paint as the edges of the soles are still black, which means they would have had to mask every pair.

Given that we know the helmets - a much more important piece of the costume - were handpainted with white gloss, I'm going to guess they did the same for the boots.

Dunno if these are ANH, ESB or ANH re-used for ESB...

trooperboots.jpg

But the white is definitely SPRAYED-ON ..... traces of overspray on the 'face' of the heel on the underside... and a lil' bit on one of the boot's soles (barely noticeable though)
Whether it's car-paint or spray-on shoe dye.... dunno, but it's flaking like a bugger. :lol

Cheers,
John

Off topic? HELL NO.

I just bought a pair of 1970's boots but they're not 100% accurate.

Originally posted by voice in the crowd@Mar 14 2006, 11:29 PM
John,

Just out of interest is there a manufacturer name anywhere on your chelsea boots?

Sorry for going off topic kurtyboy

Cheers Chris.
[snapback]1205852[/snapback]​

stormtrooper you deffinately earn your name.

yeah, are there any words anywhere on those things?

they look craptastic by the way.

cant imagine owning somethig like that.

i would kill to own anything screen used from the OT.

let alone actual ESB TK boots. (which were most likely ANH before ESB.)

simply awesome.

kurty, what type of TK you got in the works?

any pics, you always have something interesting, so i know we arent talking about an FX suit here... :p

Ah I've just got a plain old GF hero. Had it since before I joined the RPF. He's accurate enough for me :)

Originally posted by oldken@Mar 14 2006, 11:44 PM
stormtrooper you deffinately earn your name.

yeah, are there any words anywhere on those things?

they look craptastic by the way.

cant imagine owning somethig like that.

i would kill to own anything screen used from the OT.

let alone actual ESB TK boots.  (which were most likely ANH before ESB.)

simply awesome.

kurty, what type of TK you got in the works?

any pics, you always have something interesting, so i know we arent talking about an FX suit here...  :p
[snapback]1205864[/snapback]​

hey thats still sweet...

do you know if 2 diff helmets were produced? a stunt and a hero, or is it like most where its one converted to look like the other???

i would love to have a TK hero.

my ultimate goal is to have a luke anh hero complete with fabric belt and grapple etc. with a mark hammil ANH bust under the bucket on display. :D

dont forget to show off once completed.

I hope no one minds if I venture off topic for a moment,

Where are TK's getting their boots?

I have a set of, yes you can cring, FX armor and I now need new boots. mine broke between the heal and the main flat sole after this past weekends parade. what crap, I've only had them 8 months...

I can get boots much similar to those, and paint them in a very similar fashion as well - Id est - it will flake, but it will flake screen-accurately at least:)

Hi everyone,

There *is* a brand-name inside the trooper boots... but I'd rather not disclose the brand name... sorry, guys :(

For the same reason I won't post pics of the inside of the ROTJ armour / helmet.... to protect the integrity of real screen-used trooper stuff, and minimise the chances of replica stuff being passed as the real deal, at some stage in the future.
I have a policy of not revealing this info to *anyone*, so I won't upset people by not telling Person X but telling Person Y... I hope everyone understands :angel

On a more positive note, I may have an interesting annnouncement to make in the next few days concerning the subject of trooper boots ;)

Cheers,
John

...interesting..I'd like to know how these could be dyed as well. I have a similar set of boots that I bought from Roots years ago....don't wear them anymore...thought they would make a decent pair of Trooper boots if I dyed them white somehow....

IMG_0253.JPG

i don't think they used gloss paint in the movies
they look scuffed rather than chipped or peeling
so im sticking with emulsion :love

but who knows ?

Originally posted by Stormtrooper@Mar 15 2006, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone,

There *is* a brand-name inside the trooper boots... but I'd rather not disclose the brand name... sorry, guys  :(

For the same reason I won't post pics of the inside of the ROTJ armour / helmet.... to protect the integrity of real screen-used trooper stuff, and minimise the chances of replica stuff being passed as the real deal, at some stage in the future.
I have a policy of not revealing this info to *anyone*, so I won't upset people by not telling Person X but telling Person Y... I hope everyone understands  :angel

On a more positive note, I may have an interesting annnouncement to make in the next few days concerning the subject of trooper boots ;)

Cheers,
John
[snapback]1206365[/snapback]​

john, couldnt you have just said NO? :unsure

now we all really want to know.

i understand why you dont want to show the insides of the armor etc.

but if it was a boot company and a found item, i dont see why it would be a big deal...

oh well.

curious about the announcement though. :love

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back