What We Do in the Shadows/Wellington Paranormal

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been digging a bit, and I'm surprised no one seems to have mentioned this film. Taika Waititi (of Thor: Ragnarok recent note) did this mockumentary back in 2014, and if you liked his approach to story and humor in Ragnarok, I highly recommend it. Trailer, for reference;

I mention that in part because his follow-on project (based on a couple background characters in the film) got their own series. It came out in NZ last summer, and is hitting the US soon, plus has been confirmed for a second season next year.

I've been looking forward to the show coming out (loved the movie), but I didn't think the director of "what we do in the shadows" was actually involved with the TV show, even from a writing or directorial stand point

The directors of What We Do in the Shadows, Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement, were both involved in the show. Waititi was an executive producer and Clement wrote, directed and executive produced.

What We Do in the Shadows is by far one of the best movies I've seen in recent years! While I would have seen Thor: Ragnarok regardless, knowing Waititi was directing it I was stoked to see it and boy did it deliver!

I'm very excited that he is doing an episode of The Mandalorian.

He and Jermaine Clement are top notch in my book!

BTW if you like Clement, check out Gentleman Broncos. It's made by the same director as Napoleon Dynamite and is very, very odd, but I loved it and thought it was hilarious!

I’ve never understood this movie.

I thought it was AWFUL. There was not one single thing in it that I found entertaining, funny, or even interesting.

For me it was one of my biggest letdowns, because I LOVE Clement...but “What We Do In The Shadows” did absolutely nothing for me.

To each their own, though. There’s plenty of things I love that others think are terrible.

Anyone else watching the TV show? Personally, I think its one of the best shows at the moment. Matt Berry is hilarious in every scene he's in, and the rest of the cast is great too. I especially love Doug Jones as Baron Afanas, and the cameos in Episode 7 had me in stitches! If you love the movie, the TV show is a must see.

Matt Berry is one talanted individual. If you like him, Snuffbox is a must.
I can't believe no one has been talking about this show..
The premise is similar to the movie but with different characters and in S2 there is a slew of very famous people and one that welds a... But that would be a huge Spoiler!
Season 4 is dropping as we speak so looking forward to more Historic modern day Vamperism...

Think Interview with a Vampire but more s***s n giggles!

Hopefully Nadia Doll gets more Screen Time..
"If you know you know"

If you like Matt Berry The Year of the Rabbit is cool as is The IT Crowd..

Wellington Paranormal is fine, although now, not nearly as good as the first couple of seasons. It's still good though, short enough to get in and get out and not overstay its welcome.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back