what was used in the reliquary in hellboy?

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
this question has been bugging me for months. i cannot figure out what was used, and they dont mention it on the dvd.

i thought sand, but the "grains" are too big. i though corn media (for polishing brass) but the grains are still too small.

it almost looks like rock salt or something to that effect cause its pretty big, but its also different colors and you cant dye rock salt. sea salt is another possibility, but still the same problem as rock salt, cant dye it.

anyone have any ideas? i can probably dig up a pic if i need to.

just a prop mystery thats been bugging me for the last few weeks. any help in getting my sanity back is appreciated ;)

chris

i thought about that too, but it was more of a quartzy look to it. seriously looked like rock or sea salt, but it had colors like black/tan. almost like tiny chunks of quartz (which, i guess sand is) but around gravel sized.

really.... irritating :lol

chris

If it haad been a quartz gravel that container would have weighed 8-10 lbs in gravel alone.
Maybe a vermiculite product?

I suspect its more like a synthetic cat litter similar to Litter Pearls.

Least thats what I'm going to use.

Durn. have screen caps of contents on my lap top which is in my wife's car which is ....

Anybody got caps of the symbols on the lid of the reliquary?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back