What Vader Chestox is this?

sapper36

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1140105383433_Vader_Chestbox_ANHESB.jpg

Found this pic on the MR Blog from the Singapore exhibit. To me this looks like an ANH chestbox, but it has the Hebew letters of an ANH Chestbox. So you guys think maybe they saved an ANH Chestbox & Stuck letters on for a backup ESB box or what?

Now that I look closer the right rod loks slightly higher than the left just like the chestox in the ANH Chronicles pix. Hmmmm.

To me it looks like the rub on hebrew letters that were on the ESB Chestboxs, but the rods, rocker switches & & Red&Green buttons look ANH. Vellly Interestingk.

Yeah, its wierd.

The rods looks like they are resin - the ANH rods were metal I believe.

Could it be a cast of an ANH box finished off rather too 'creatively' by someone at ILM? Thing is, it doesn't look new either. An older cast refinished for the exhibition?

This was the chestbox used for an exhibit that toured the UK called "The Art of Star Wars" around the same time as the "Magic of Myth" exhibit here in the US. Besides that, I don't know anything else. This was never used on screen.

I was at the Singapore AOSW exhibition and I too was perplexed by that chestbox. I was told by the guide manning the floor that the whole Vader costume on display was a 1977 original.

Well that doesn't sound right because the facemask has the large Chin vent like an ESB mask. It looks like a mishmash of different parts.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back