What vacuum chamber or pressure pot do you use?

Half Knife

Hello folks. Just wondering what someone would recommend for true bubble-free castings. Looking to rebuild my studio from scratch and need some input on things that you guys and gals actually use now, not ten years ago. Thanks. Ciao.

I use a large coffee can with an acrylic lid I made with two bulkhead fittings. One going to my Robinair 15600 vacuum pump(with a vent valve teed off) and the other going to my vacuum gauge.

For pressure casting I have a 2 1/2 gallon paint pot from Grizzly. Harbor freight has them too but they didn't carry it when I needed one. I had to convert it for pressure casting. It's one of the most economical chambers to get. It comes with a regulator and pressure gage. If you need bigger the cost goes up QUICK.

Post #23 shows what I did.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=21755

long term plans are to make a thicker clear lid for the pot so that I can degas and move right to preasurizing without moving the molds.

Hope this helps,

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back