What vacuum chamber or pressure pot do you use?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Half Knife

Hello folks. Just wondering what someone would recommend for true bubble-free castings. Looking to rebuild my studio from scratch and need some input on things that you guys and gals actually use now, not ten years ago. Thanks. Ciao.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Docbudo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I use a pressure cooker with a bike valve attatched. 15psi is good for bubble free.

MasterAnubis

I use a large coffee can with an acrylic lid I made with two bulkhead fittings. One going to my Robinair 15600 vacuum pump(with a vent valve teed off) and the other going to my vacuum gauge.

For pressure casting I have a 2 1/2 gallon paint pot from Grizzly. Harbor freight has them too but they didn't carry it when I needed one. I had to convert it for pressure casting. It's one of the most economical chambers to get. It comes with a regulator and pressure gage. If you need bigger the cost goes up QUICK.

Post #23 shows what I did.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=21755

long term plans are to make a thicker clear lid for the pot so that I can degas and move right to preasurizing without moving the molds.

Hope this helps,