What to use laser cutter for next?

xl97

Master Member
Title says it all.... :)

Been stuck doing the same ol' same ol' lately...

(etched/edge lit arcylic stuff, wooden wine boxes, coasters...blah blah)...

I dont really have a desire to do any 'pepkura' stuff (but I imagine laser cutting the paper/materials makes a better final result)..

So I'm tapping the collective brain trust here for some ideas! :)

Killing James Bond, but disclosing your menacing secrets for world domination first?

IMG_0025.jpg

examples of what you mean? What 'type' of plaques?

My laser cant cut metal (just a CO2 laser)... but I can 'mark' metal using a something like ceramark

I have seen black acrylic with a thin layer of metal on top that a laser could burn through.
They are not suitable for all types of laser-cutters though. They are not allowed in the laser-cutter at my local makerspace, for instance.

My understanding is no.. the CO2 laser will just reflect off it.

Maybe if its super thin it might break through... but I'm doubtful.

Ahh.. yes acrylic stands..

* those do look nice.. (especially the black based ones)

I cut/engrave acrylic a lot....

Was looking for some new ideas to 'expand' a little.. and use my laser for more prop related ideas/projects.

* to be clear.. I'm not looking for 'work'.. (just ideas).... but I'm always down to help out fellow members. :)

Kovnyn
What kind if plaque for your 'Blue Max Droid'?

I was thinking of one of the name plaques people have for their light sabers, blasters, helmets and such.

Like a 2.5"x6" card with the prop information etched into it. Maybe even something I can light up for the display shelf.

I'm not sure what it should say.. I 'm not familiar with 'Blue Max Droid' stuff.. :(

Almost all clear (and 'edge lit specific') acrylic can be lit, and any engraved area will pick up the light..

Blue Max is from the Han Solo Adventures.

The idea I have in my head is the Star Wars logo, The pertinent info (manufacturer data, model number) et cetera, and "The Han Solo Adventures."

Heres a link to the wiki page for Max.
Blue Max

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back