What to do with She Predator-Machiko?

Eamon

I'm lucky enough to trade be able to trade my skills and do the odd art commission for Hot Toys in between my major jobs and yesterday the She Predator-Machiko was one of the Hot Toys I got.

My problem is that I am unsure if I want to keep her or not. I haven't even opened her yet and have just spent the last hour looking at reviews to maybe help me decide.

The idea, as she is not from any movie, was to sell her on and use the money to buy another Hot Toy like Blade, The Comedian or even to help pay for the much more expensive Predator 2 (a figure I'd love to get).

On one hand I think she's rather cool and I like my lady warriors I does!
On the other, Hot Toys are all about the movies for me, she isn't from any movie and I do want more Hot Toys but they are quite a luxury item to be having.

So to all you Pred-heads who are far more versed than I, what do you think I should do? Is She Predator-Machiko worth keeping considering what I've said?

Hey mate checked out your website some really cool art your real lucky to have a good trade like that on hot toys figures i love em :)
I would keep her for sure and make a good display for her you can always use her for a good reference on a warrior woman

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure as I've have a dude wanting to sell me his Predator 2. But Machiko will only part pay for it.

I'm would've preferred if she were the black girl from the actual movie. T'would keep things consistant!

I would sell her and go for the Predator 2. I completely understand your point that she's not from the movie, worse thing is she's not correct to the comic version either. I think that the figure is less popular and it would be better to trade or sell her now.
If you have troubles with this figure and would surely not have any with te Predator 2, it seems easy.

you could give her to me

hmm if you wont go for that than id say keep her
she s a really nice higure but if your lookin to get ht pred then selling her would always give you some money towards wich one you want
i like the first option tho :D

Thanks guys.

I have the box there straring at me from across the room.

Well I do have somewhere I can get either a Predator 2 or a Wolf Predator but selling Mackico will only cover half.

I know the Preds go up in price but that's still over 200 quid for an action figure. Which I quite excessive I think.

I've decided to keep her handy for a little while longer and see how what sorts of commissions I get over the next few weeks.

Would you guys believe that I still haven't made up my mind yet.

However I am gonna sell this to see if I can get a Predator 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back