What sizes did the 2015 Nike Bruin McFlys come in?

Jamie Riley

Jr Member
Because I'm waiting for someone one StockX to sell me a pair of 13.5's. Should I wait? Do they even exist at all? Or should I try saving up for a pair of 13's? In which case I can either ask for them for $200, which plus shipping and tax and everything and currency conversion makes about $375 Australian. Or pay $400 up front to buy them now, which means paying much much more... I'd really have to save up for that....

I ask because it looks like everything on Nike's website only goes up to 13 at best, which is a bit of a gamble for me, hence the extra .5. Should I try 14s instead? Or go with 13s and hope that something I inevitably have to pay a fortune for will even fit?

I'll leave my bid on StockX at $110 for now, that way nobody will ever accept it.

Last edited:
There's a pair of size 13's sitting on Ebay right now, but they're really expensive. I might be able to save up and afford them next week if they're still there. If not I'll have to try StockX. It's basically the same price as buying them now at the lowest Ask price.

One way or another, I will get these shoes. Even if it takes every penny I have. Plus I probably need to do something before the American dollar skyrockets, since it just keeps going up and up right now.

Last edited:
I can't remember 100% but I don't think they came in 13.5? I'm one of those folks who float between 12s and 13s given the model and from my experience Nike doesn't tend to make half sizes once they get up to 12 and beyond.

I can't remember 100% but I don't think they came in 13.5? I'm one of those folks who float between 12s and 13s given the model and from my experience Nike doesn't tend to make half sizes once they get up to 12 and beyond.

I didn't think so. It's confusing though because StockX has sizes all the way up to 18, but I don't even know if anything bigger than size 13's even exist. They haven't sold any.

I usually wear size 14 and had to get the 13 ($150 on ebay a year ago)..they fit alright.

I'm really paranoid about shoe sizes. US and Australian shoe sizes are supposed to be the same, but I swear the Bruin Vapors I bought from the US in size 13 are too tight, they still hurt like hell sometimes. Normally I'm a size 13 but some things seem to be too small, like the Blazer Lows which are so long but so narrow.

Last edited:
UPDATE: There was a pair of size 13 Bruin McFly's on Ebay, and at great personal cost I just barely managed to afford them. I'll be living off noodles and soup for a while though. A sane person would have stuck with a pair of Court Royales with the stripes painted red. But I think we've established this is not the face of sanity.

I think sometimes you've gotta just make it happen and buy what's driving you crazy. I like noodles, imagine all the recipes you could create. Anyway. I find the Bruins to run half a size too big. The newer release is most definitely wider than the ones made in the 80s.

Half a size is good. I would have looked for a size 13.5 or 14 pair if Nike ever actually made them. I normally wear 13's and they always either A. don't fit, or B. are extremely uncomfortable for quite a while, especially the right foot. I've found the Court Royales to be better but the Bruin Vapors still hurt like hell in size 13, and the Blazer Lows didn't fit me at all.

I don't like doing things by halves. If I'm going to dress up like Marty, I'm going to give it my all. It doesn't matter if I get the most accurate stuff out there, but if I can, I must. I don't want to be competitive, but if there's a costume party or a convention and other people are wearing the same costume, I want mine to be as accurate as possible within the realms of possibility.

Marty's shoes are incredibly scuffed in the first film. I'm going to try and scuff mine too, maybe not as much. But if I need a clean pair of Nikes with the red stripe, I've already got three to choose from anyway. The whole point of forking out for the real thing is to be as close as possible, so why not go all the way? It wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back