What Should Indiana Jones Go After Next

Atlantis would be fun. So what if they did it already in the IJ EU.
It'd be neat to see an ancient civilization thing rather than another religious artifact thing.

Pop culture should also be taken into account.
Novelty is the key.
The objects and places should be different from anything seen on National Treasure or Tomb Raider or the Mummy series.

The bad guy should be interested in the object for art/ history/ the chase/ or collector reasons, rather than for what it can do.

The henchmen can be from a large National power interested in what it can do.

The personal story is going to be a problem, romantic situations don't work well unless it's younger people. Maybe young Indy needs to take this one over?

Shia isn't the right person to do it. The new actor will be the key, He needs Harrison's worker's type personality ...where are you going to find that in Hollywood?

Last edited:
The bad guy should be interested in the object for art/ history/ the chase/ or collector reasons, rather than for what it can do.

I think without some 'end-of-world'/'ultimate power' plot, chasing for the sake of art/history, etc will fall flat.

I can't think of an artifact-chasing movie that doesn't include some 'end-of-the-world' plot.

Agree, maybe not end of the world, but a shift in national power. That would be the motivation of the people lending out the henchmen. The motivation of the (in your face) bad guy should be more true to what treasure hunting is all about.

Right, I used the term 'end-of-the-wlrd' loosely, but yes, I feel there needs to be more at stake if the bad guy gets the MacGuffin other than just getting it first.

retirement - fords too old now and he only just got away with it in crystal skull, they should never have left a 20 year gap and i dont want to see the franchise ruined with a son of indy. let indy films be laid to rest now imo - and please no remakes hollywood - you cant beat a classic

Right, I used the term 'end-of-the-wlrd' loosely, but yes, I feel there needs to be more at stake if the bad guy gets the MacGuffin other than just getting it first.

It could be an extreemly small "world" if you think about it. We could stick him starnded on a small island and the power struggle could take place in under 100 miles. We get to define the size of the world.

Well, since all four movies has a supernatural element, they'd have to do the same, or the audience will get bored (I know I would). An artifact is one thing, but having it attached to something out of this world is what put IJ into greatness.

The Idol, the Cross of Coronado, the Lao Diamond were neat and make good action sequences, but you can't make a movie out of them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back