What pocket radio it is? Y-Wing Pilot Vest

ywingfighter

Sr Member
I had searching many hours to identified this Pocket Radio from a Y-Wing Pilot Vest. There are so many Radios on the market but never found a correct one.Any idea what it is or had seen an original?? Pager, Dicta/Voice recorder,Pocket Radio.....etc?
Scan_Pic0011 (2).jpg

The speakers on this Sony look similar but it looks to have a segmented plastic bottom whereas your image looks solid.
Vintage SONY AM Transistor Radio TR-817 W/ Tuning Meter Original Leather Case S3 | #1787597670

I wonder if they made similar designs in other years witch would be a better match. Also note that these like other small radios have during the era come with a leather case. So as you research, if the case is not off, it will be hard to match.

However it could be possible that the original item was molded and cast then modified for the sake of making multiple costumes.

Lastly my biggest fear is that historically in our hobby, the actual source item is vastly different from what it appears to be. I agree it look like a vintage transistor radio but I also have to wonder what other odd thing it might be, like so sort of small filter or deodorizer device.

Unfortunately, there are many possibilities. I also saw a Motorola Transistor Pocket Radio which is similar to the back but it does not really fit. The original has a small bulge above that I have not seen in any of the devices are similar.
motorola radio.jpg

It could litterally be anything and not just a radio. :(
It could be a walky talkie bottom, upside down. It could be a CB radio hand piece or a number of other things.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back