What movies do you want remade?

Vincent V

There is plenty of hate for all of the remakes of old movies these days, but what are some movies that you actually want to see remakes of? (Feel free to also mention movies that you really want a sequel for as well).

Movies that I would like to see re-made (better or just different): Ghost Rider, Starship Troopers, Timeline

I'd also love to see a sequal to the 2010 A-Team movie (am I the only one that liked that movie?).

I know there are others, but for some reason I only think of them when I don't try to.

The Star Wars Prequels,.....so that they connect properly to the rest of the movies,....have real stories instead of just showcasing lots of new vehicles/space-ships and situations that are solely there for generating sales of toys & video games.....tell the story of Darth Vader's fall to the darkside over 3 films instead of rushing it & cramming it into the last film.

It would never happen,.....but at least we are getting Rogue One

J

Yes! The prequels definitely.
I'd actually like to see a remake of The Black Hole. I love the original but it could be made into a much better film. Keep the design of the Cygnus and the basic story but get rid of the cheesy dumb parts and please don't make everything cg.
I'd also like to see a sequal to The Rocketeer. But ONLY if it is staring the original cast. Both Jennifer Connelly and Billy Campbell still look great. And it should be set no later than the late 40's.

The Star Wars Prequels,.....so that they connect properly to the rest of the movies,....have real stories instead of just showcasing lots of new vehicles/space-ships and situations that are solely there for generating sales of toys & video games.....tell the story of Darth Vader's fall to the darkside over 3 films instead of rushing it & cramming it into the last film.

It would never happen,.....but at least we are getting Rogue One

J

start anakin off as an established jedi. tell his story in quick flashbacks. show more of how palpatine twists his mind to evil.
get a director that knows how to get good performances out of people that shows they are alive.

the problem is most people don't bother doing reboots right the first time because they don't have to.

reboot doesn't work? don't worry, you'll get another chance in 5 years.

Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Remaking any Eastwood movie should be a form of heresy, but this one was an action movie nearly bereft of action.
Clint laying out his weapons to fight the French soldiers......and they're scared off by a rattlesnake rattle.
Indians wound Clint, Sara sends them away by waving her cross at them.
Cougar is coming........oh wait, a bunch of kids enter the scene.
It has some good scenes and a great soundtrack but it's a movie of almosts, and every time I watch it I am frustrated with how it came together.

Are you saying you want to see every movie mentioned in those threads remade? Or are you saying I shouldn't have created this thread? Those threads died years before I was a member here and most forums frown on necromancy.

I'd also like to see a sequal to The Rocketeer. But ONLY if it is staring the original cast. Both Jennifer Connelly and Billy Campbell still look great. And it should be set no later than the late 40's.

The Rocketeer is one of my all time favorite movies but I worry that they would just ruin it if they did a sequel now.

I too would like an A Team sequel. Also I think the forbidden planet is ripe for a big budget remake. And before its even released can we remake Ghostbusters the way fans want it done please.... or a sequel that fits with the other 2. And a movie of Battlestar Galactica more in keeping with the original series. I didnt like to docu type dogfighting.

there are also movies that don't need a sequel, but i'd like to see one just to see where they go with it.

for example, ghost.

the movie ends with the ladies love interest dead and gone, but due to horrific life events, she suddenly gains psychic abilities, and that of her new friends expands so she can actually see ghosts now. where do those characters go from there?

there has to be more story there ;o).

I would definitely go see a big budget remake of one of the classic swashbuckler movies (I loved The Sea Hawk when I was young).

and I'm always up for Riddick sequels.

Dogs of War, still with Chrisopher Walken.

I'll second the vote for Starship Troopers - this time with attention to the cool tech that was completely neglected in the otherwise marvelous Verhoven movie.

I loved the original, but I would like to see a modern remake of The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao! I think it has a great story and the special effects could be awesome, if not overdone. (The book was great too!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a decent remake of Zulu, it's a great movie but it's a little dated with the bad fake blood and exaggerated '60s/'70s clutching the chest and slowly falling over death scenes.

Green Lantern (yeah, save it from the crapfest of the original)

Avatar (the Cameron one, but this time with a better story than "Native Americans vs Colonials on Another Planet")

The Last Starfighter... kinda. Actually, I think I'd probably just love a sequel instead.

John Carter (with less Disney influence and better marketing)

Guyver (the original was just ATROCIOUS)

Man of Steel (with Superman this time, not Angst Man)

Batman v Superman (just split the story into two movies and flesh them out better... there was just too much stuff for a single movie)

Howard the Duck (seriously)

The entire X-Men franchise (start to finish. No stunt casting this time. I'm not gonna mention any names *cough*Halle Berry*cough*cough* Also, make Cyclops and Jean Grey at least LOOK the same age. In the first movies, she looked 10+ years older than Cyclops)

One that many here may not know of called The Velvet Vampire (1971). It's a film produced by Roger Corman. It's a rather simple story, a couple from L.A. get invited to the desert home of a mysterious woman, and it implies that she may be a vampire. Here's the trailer.

The setting is rather simple, and the story seems rather interesting. With a bit of an updating on the story and fleshing out of the characters, as well as playing around more with the idea that Diane may be a vampire, it'd make a rather decent thriller.

But that's just me. Unfortunately, this film's got a bit of a cult following and probably would be against the idea of a remake.

Last edited:
Green Lantern (yeah, save it from the crapfest of the original)
yes.

Avatar (the Cameron one, but this time with a better story than "Native Americans vs Colonials on Another Planet")
So you just want the upcoming sequels. For me I hate the whole alien Shangi-La concept. It's the purest manifestation of every trope where natives are pure, perfect and are at one with nature while the (white) man is corrupt and evil ... except for "the chosen one," of course. That movie was such an insult. I was bored to tears. They should burn that whole franchise to the ground.

Man of Steel (with Superman this time, not Angst Man)
yes.

Batman v Superman (just split the story into two movies and flesh them out better... there was just too much stuff for a single movie)
If I had to fix everything wrong with this it would be three different movies with completely different plots, villains and outcomes. It's flawed from the basic concept. Very little to salvage here. Just make different movies.

The entire X-Men franchise (start to finish. No stunt casting this time. I'm not gonna mention any names *cough*Halle Berry*cough*cough* Also, make Cyclops and Jean Grey at least LOOK the same age. In the first movies, she looked 10+ years older than Cyclops)
Agreed. Start over.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back