What is your Pred Workout/Diet, if you have one?

Scrapps

I'm curious to see what everyone's pred (or pre-convention or whatever) workouts/diets are. I'm trying to slim down for my first pred suit, not only to look good but to save on material and to make it easier to travel with. I'm especially interested in hearing from the girls, since for the most part, we women don't slim down quite as easily as men (Don't let that stop you guys from posting a response, though!). I'm 5'3" so every pound counts. Last I checked I was at about 135. I hope to get down to at least 120, ideally 110(which I haven't been since middle-school). Or, I was trying to get down to a 23-24" waist, I'm at 26" now. As I'm typing, I feel kind of bad because I know 26" isn't anything to be ashamed of but for some reason, it seems like all the cameras turn that 26" waist into 36" waist and full facial features (and *cough*cellulitewhichskinnywomenhavetoo*cough*) don't help my case. I really don't take good pictures. I'm not on any real diet or exercise plan right now (I have no idea where to start!) but I eat my veggies, and avoid junk food.

Idk mine haha. I'm not saying I need a diet exactly because I'm 16 I workout everyday, my height is 6", I'm not in bad shape, but I don't gain any muscle from my working out. I feel stronger but I don't look stronger haha. I'm gonna be one small Predator once my suit is complete. I wanna bulk up some ya know?

Darren

I'm curious to see what everyone's pred (or pre-convention or whatever) workouts/diets are. I'm trying to slim down for my first pred suit, not only to look good but to save on material and to make it easier to travel with. I'm especially interested in hearing from the girls, since for the most part, we women don't slim down quite as easily as men (Don't let that stop you guys from posting a response, though!). I'm 5'3" so every pound counts. Last I checked I was at about 135. I hope to get down to at least 120, ideally 110(which I haven't been since middle-school). Or, I was trying to get down to a 23-24" waist, I'm at 26" now. As I'm typing, I feel kind of bad because I know 26" isn't anything to be ashamed of but for some reason, it seems like all the cameras turn that 26" waist into 36" waist and full facial features (and *cough*cellulitewhichskinnywomenhavetoo*cough*) don't help my case. I really don't take good pictures. I'm not on any real diet or exercise plan right now (I have no idea where to start!) but I eat my veggies, and avoid junk food.

Exercise:
Ok, what I do is go to karate twice a week, then dance class the other two days.
Or karate three days if I dont sign up for dance.

Food:
Breakfast is three eggs.
Lunch is a 6 oz tin of tuna with mayo. Two corn tortillas.
Dinner is a couple eggs or on non karate days, I go to mongolian barbecue. Meat and cabbage, oil and garlic; one bowl only, no seconds.
On weekends I have similar food in morning and midday as during the week.
Dinner is meat and veggies if at chinese restaurant, chicken and veggies if at regular restaurant.
NO BREAD or ANY thing made out of flour. No fruit except once a week. NO DAIRY.
Difficult? maybe, but if one is allergic to dairy, has hypoglycemia, and cannot tolerate gluten, then the above is a way of life.

Carbs and fruit make your blood sugar crash, meat and veggies are a slow burn.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

---
Ei'luj

P.S. Height is 5'6" 140lb with exercise, 150lb without.... that extra 10 lbs is in my posterior, arrrgh :0

Me? If so, I'm only very very mildly allergic to peanuts.
I try to eat EVERYTHING. Pastas and meats mostly (carbs and protein both I guess.)

Me? If so, I'm only very very mildly allergic to peanuts.
I try to eat EVERYTHING. Pastas and meats mostly (carbs and protein both I guess.)

ok have u had your thyroid levels checked? whats your height and weight?

do you eat sugar? just curious, wonder if that jacks up metabolism... I know it revs up your heartbeat sometimes.

---
Ei'luj

I'm around 5'8'' or 5'9'', my weight varies from 113-120ish (I topped out at like 125 once I think). Never had my thyroids checked, and I don't really eat that much sweets as I don't have that much of a sweet tooth.

I was thinking about going to a gym and seeing if they could set up a diet+work out plan for me.

At a quite heavy 94 KG being 1m83 tall, I need to lose the beertap and turn it into a sixpack, and I should pick up some weights for my arms to get them more into proportion.

Right now, me and the misses tend to eat loads of veggies, lean meat/chicken if possible. For exercise, we keep it down and try to reduce weight/mass by starting to run.

I was waiting on someone to post something about this. I was going to but wasn’t sure if anyone else was that into their character to take it this far. I also do wildlife education shows for birthday parties, schools, camps..etc and sometimes for the smaller audience; kids under 6, I’ll were a
a one piece khaki “safari” type getup. So looking decent in a costume is something I’ve always strive to maintain.

I do a lot of cardio, heavy cardio!!! and muscle tension exercises. I also run. I will also be working with a personal trainer at least once a week to make sure I don’t lose to much weight in the wrong places.

As far as a diet goes, I really don’t have anything set down in stone.
But I keep everything high protein & high fiber and take in a decent amount of dairy calcium and "good fats".
I also fruit and veggie myself to death…if possible I’ll consume these raw.

I’m also into the body detoxification/purification thing and avoid as much as is humanly possible “acidic” foods. So that too plays a role in what’s eaten as well. Sweets, heavy starches and unnecessary carbs. are also out. Sugary drinks are a No, No!

I’m a firm believe in “if you’re not hungry then don’t eat” I don’t have much of an appetite, so to some it may seem like I’m on a "starvation diet" which I’m not. I’m not starving. If I’m hungry, trust me I’ll eat more. I’m also very busy and on the go a lot, But this is what I’ve been doing for the past two months

Breakfast---A grape fruit. Yogurt. ( I’ll switch this out for a high fiber cereal every now and again)
I’ll snack on fruit, veggies and nuts in between.
Lunch---- spinach salad w/ tomatoes. Lentils/diced chix and hard boiled egg
I’ll snack on fruit, veggies and nuts in between.
Dinner--- Mainly veggies, Meat is acidic so I only eat it twice a week. When I do consume meat it’s either chicken or fish.
I also don’t eat after 5 pm.
~Estelle

LCHF (low carb high fat) is the best diet to loose weight by far I think

Excersise wise do alot of cardio,long morning walks on a empty stomach etc

I finally broke the 200lb mark on the scale after months of just changing my intake, watching more of what I eat, and exercising.

You want to lose weight. Eat whole foods and lift weights. Low carb is stupid. You lose weight because carbs hold water, cut the carbs and the body holds less water. You're not really losing as much weight as you think you're just dehydrated. Women especially have this misconception that if you start lifting heavy weights that you're going to blow up and look like arnold. You do not have the amount of hormones (test) needed for this to happen without many years and years of training, extreme surplus of calories, and drugs.

Want to do a neat study? Look at people in the gym. The people who look good, even if they started out bad, are the ones lifting weights everyday. The hot chicks at the gym are doing what? Squats, not playing on the eliptical while reading a magazine. I've seen people over the years that only do cardio that look the same today as they did when they started. I see people who put weight lifting as a priority years ago looking fantastic today.

Now I'm not saying don't do cardio, I'm saying you're focus should be weights with a cardio session after. You will lose weight at a tremendously faster rate than only doing cardio and by maintaining and or building a little muscle you won't have the jello under-arms that people seem to develop because they have no muscle mass and are all flab.

I've been training a friend of mine that has lost 40lbs in the last 3 months and I have done this for a good number of people who are willing to put in the effort. If anyone is interested in a quick read about a good basic outline for someone send me your email in PM and I'll mail you a word doc that I made for people here at work who constantly ask me for advice.

The big thing to remember is that not everything is done in a day. If you dive in head first you'll burn out. Diets don't work, you have to change your lifestyle and for me it was easier doing one thing at a time and sort of easing into it rather than jump off the deep end without any knowledge.

Low carb is a good way to slim down quickly, but dont exercise on an empty stomach. Your performance will be hindered massively.

Never noticed any lack of performance personally,and I dont mean like go to the gym and lift weights I was talking about morning walks for weight loss

Wraslor

Yeah, you are right about the weights. A good deal of women are aware that weigh lifting won’t make them look like a female body builder and are including this in their work out regimen. Yet personally, I’ve never worked out with weights. This was something I planed on talking to a fitness instructor about.
I’m interested in what you have to say.. You mentioned you have trained some people, are you a personal trainer or something or just have lots of esperiance in the field? I’ll send a PM in your direction.
~Estelle

Estelle,

The only experience I can say is that I'm a former fat guy. I'm 5'7" and once weighed in at about 210lbs with 11 inch arms and 38" waist. I learned a lot of things through trial and error and did many things the wrong way. I did lots of cardio and basically starved myself down to 145lbs and became whats known as skinny fat. Since then I've learned a lot about diet and nutrition. I'm currently sitting at 163lbs (currently on a bulk so to speak) arms 15" and waist still at 32" So I seem to be doing something right lol... or so I hope.

I don't claim to know everything and I continually learn new things but I have had several people follow my advice and really dedicate themselves to it and have seen great results. One guy I worked with went from a 46" waist to a 36" and kept it off. My brother lost about 35lbs just by changing his diet to mine with no exercise. The guy I'm training now is doing fantastic down a little over 40lbs and people who haven't seen him in a while are going crazy telling him how good he looks. It honestly makes me feel really good to hear him come in with these stories about how people are noticing his hard work and to see it in him in his confidence level.

Anyway I owe a couple people an email I will get to that in the morning. I worked a 14 hour shift today because of a server meltdown and I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed.

I got a body of a frog. I just want to trim inches around my midsection. Yeah I used to stuff myself silly at Sushi Buffets and what not, now I limit to once a week and control my intake. I still gotta loose the belly though. I don't do any exercise other than lifting heavy molds. Any one else got tips for loosing the fat belly? Thanks

It all come down to how much you can dedicate yourself. Make sure you eat atleast 3 meals a day,dont starve yourself or your body will retain fat because it doesnt know when the next meal is coming. below is a sample of what my diet is.

Breakfast- 1 cup of cereal with milk (i usually have rice crispys or shredded wheat) but no frosting of sugary stuff
1 fruit (banana,half a grape fruit,orange)

lunch- turkey or chicken sandwich on whole wheat pita bread 3 oz. of meat,with 2 tomato slices,lettuce and a tablespoon of miraclewhip (less calories than mayo)
1 fruit (apple,banana,orange,grapes)
1 vegtable (half a cucumber or carrort,celery)

Dinner- 4oz. meat (red meat only once a week)
salad with low cal dressing
2 vegtable (green beans, brocolli, brussle sprouts,beets)
1 fruit
1 cup of milk

also drink plenty of water, I cut all soda from my diet and trust me it does wonders! Also get a decent amount of excercise, cardio with some minor weight lifting, I try to work out about 2 hours a day 5 days a week,but try to start with 45 minutes a day 4 times a week.

I have lost 70 lbs so far so I know it works,just be patient and keep at it! I hope this helps you out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back