What is your Favorite Film Quote?

ChaseKiefer

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
When reading through here it surprised me to see no "favorite film quote" thread. So post them up. Please pick only one or two quotes. Mods if this exists in some ancient thread feel free to move this.

For me my 2 favorites would be:

1. "May the Force Be With You."
I literally use this everywhere I go.

2. "Here's looking at you kid"
One of the best quotes by far.

From Wargames:

General Beringer: Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.

Edward O'Neil: Give me a cigarette.
Jimmy McGinty: I quit.
Edward O'Neil: Nobody likes a quitter, Jimmy.
- "The Replacements" (2000)

Once upon a time, there was this little sparrow, who while flying south for the winter froze solid and fell to the ground. And then to make matters worse the cow crapped on him, but the manure was all warm and it defrosted him. So there he is, he's warm and he's happy to be alive and he starts to sing. A hungry cat comes along and he clears off the manure and he looks at the little bird and then he eats him. And the moral of the story is this: everyone who craps on you is not necessarily your enemy, and everyone who gets you out of crap is not necessarily your friend, and if you’re warm and happy wherever you are you should just keep your big mouth shut.

- Assassins (1995)

" It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.." Dumbledore, Harry Potter..

" Wait a minute, Doc.. Ah.. Are you telling me that you built a time machine ... out of a DeLorean??" Marty McFly, Back to the Future..

" Snakes!! Why did it have to be snakes??" Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark..

" Life moves pretty fast.. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.." Ferris Bueller's, Ferris Bueller's Day Off..

"We're gonna need a bigger boat." - Sheriff Brody, Jaws

Also from Jaws, Quint's monologue. I don't have the entire thing memorized, but it gives me chills every time.

"Get away from her, you *****!" - Ripley, Aliens

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" - The Princess Bride

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Dirt Harry

"Get away from her you b**ch!" Aliens

"It's only a model!" Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian (original)

Ramirez: Haggis? What is haggis?
Connor MacLeod: Sheep's stomach, stuffed with meat and barley.
Ramirez: And what do you do with it?
Connor MacLeod: You eat it.
Ramirez: How revolting!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back