What is this R2 supposed to be?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I found this pic on the official SW site blog: Celebration V: Friday | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is that supposed to be Corran's droid from "X-Wing: Isard's Revenge"? In part of the book Corran and Wedge's droids are told to escape and they end up getting on a ship with two kids who put graffiti on them, shoot low-powered blasters at them (target practice), and weld a crown/hat to it. If so it doesn't look green and if not that's a weird coincidence.

Don't know but if you look at the full size picture you can tell they are trying to cover up a really crappy casting.

They should have spent more time fixing it than trashing it.

Poor Droid.

I found this pic on the official SW site blog: Celebration V: Friday | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is that supposed to be Corran's droid from "X-Wing: Isard's Revenge"? In part of the book Corran and Wedge's droids are told to escape and they end up getting on a ship with two kids who put graffiti on them, shoot low-powered blasters at them (target practice), and weld a crown/hat to it. If so it doesn't look green and if not that's a weird coincidence.

I know what you mean,

but the droid in that was wedge's R5 unit 'gate' which is an R2 body with a much bigger head.

That is actually just a custom R2 Unit. I know the man who made it. The head and body were originally damaged during construction. Then sold cheap.

Lumwyrm, the man behind the droid has a Rebel pilot costume that incorporates a spiked dog collar, Face paint, Spiked gloves and Now, Metal spikes on his Helmet.
When you see the two of them together it makes more sense.

I gotta admit though, I think Whyren (that R2) has alot of personality, even if it does make most people cringe.

looks pretty punk rock to me!

127843750029tc9M.jpg

In the bopok it was actually Gate (Wedge's R5) that had the pole and flag welded to the top and was taking most of the fire fromt he powered down blasters. The flat top of a R5 made it easier to mount the target to it.

That R2 was in the Rebel legion area. They had a few droids in there...they had a really cool beat up green one too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back