What is this 80s scifi movie?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't have much to go on, but I keep thinking of this 80s scifi movie, and I can't recall what it was. All I remember is that it starts out (I think it's at the beginning) with a guy and his daughter mining some kind of crystals in a cave. They use some kind of tool to help extract them from the cave wall. Then some people come and capture them or something. Any ideas? I know it was on tv quite a bit because I'd watch it when I saw it on. I can't recall any other details though!

I doubt this is it, but in case your memory's a little hazy it reminded me of an old Spanish scifi of Ingrid Pitt's, Sound of Horror 1965.. except the guy and his niece were extracting dinosaur eggs from a cave.
Its pretty old though, and in black and white, so don't think you'd mistake it for an '80s movie

As a kid I saw a movie called "Otto is a Rhino(1983)" about a boy who had a pencil or crayon, and as soon as he finished the drawing, it would come off the wall and start to live. I think it was a Danish movie, but I will never forget that scene.
My brother and I also saw "Steel Riders(1987)" tv series about a group of BMX kids taking on criminals, including a Biker with a silver visor on his helmet.Quite intimidating to see as a kid.
And "Under the Mountain (1983)" miniseries about kids having to deal with Mudd Monster aliens that would pose as humans, and then could transform at will.
And you probably all remember the pilot from the tv series "The Phoenix (1982)" about a Peruvian tomb that is found, opened and the ancient inhabitant that was inside all of the sudden walks among us.It's those magical and scifi series from way back when that really speak to the imagination.Good memories

Last edited:
As a kid I saw a movie called "Otto is a Rhino(1983)" about a boy who had a pencil or crayon, and as soon as he finished the drawing, it would come off the wall and start to live. I think it was a Danish movie, but I will never forget that scene.
Yup, that's a Danish movie, based on a Book by Ole Lund Kirkegaard. I believe there is a more modern movie adaption as well.

I don't have much to go on, but I keep thinking of this 80s scifi movie, and I can't recall what it was. All I remember is that it starts out (I think it's at the beginning) with a guy and his daughter mining some kind of crystals in a cave. They use some kind of tool to help extract them from the cave wall. Then some people come and capture them or something. Any ideas? I know it was on tv quite a bit because I'd watch it when I saw it on. I can't recall any other details though!
Don't know If you want the blue ray, but here it is. I tried to find it online, but couldn't. Must be hidden away pretty good, ; )

I thought movie was great way back then felt a little like a Sci Fi version of Mad Max Road Warrior with a twist. Hell even the title lured me in "The destruction of Jared Syn"...L Still good movie today.

Kull and the Beastmaster are good for popcorn munching. And Tanya Roberts in Beastmaster, ooh la la, ; ) Technically fantasy, but did I mention Tanya Roberts.

1575374045_710387911647558_goldstyles.jpg

Here's a movie we'll cartoon made early to late 80s it's a Starwars type rip off (not Wizards or Legend of orin or Planet au Savage) it drives me crazy All I can remember is two robots who crash land midway through the movie on a mound/hill and look up or out across the valley to see Thousands of Viper style spaceships flying. The story might centre around them I'm not sure and I think maybe one was red but definitely R2 and Threepio rip offs.. There was prolly a Queen or Princess in peril too..
Any help would be grand..

Mott

Last edited:
It's certainly around if you don't mind traversing the Severn seas ;)

Here's a movie we'll cartoon made early to late 80s it's a Starwars type rip off (not Wizards or Legend of orin or Planet au Savage) it drives me crazy All I can remember is two robots who crash land midway through the movie on a mound/hill and look up or out across the valley to see Thousands of Viper style spaceships flying. The story might centre around them I'm not sure and I think maybe one was red but definitely R2 and Threepio rip offs.. There was prolly a Queen or Princess in peril too..
Any help would be grand..

Mott
It sounds like an animated film from 1983 called Revenge of the Humanoids; Nickleodeon used to show it a lot. It was a condensed version of Once Upon a Time...Space:

It sounds like an animated film from 1983 called Revenge of the Humanoids; Nickleodeon used to show it a lot. It was a condensed version of Once Upon a Time...Space:

I loved the series when I was a kid. I wouldn't call it a "Star Wars rip-off"; It took inspiration more from other space sci-fi novels and artwork than Star Wars did, and it has its own look — and it has nothing supernatural.
But it was made for kids, which makes it less exciting to see as an adult. And it is very french.

Last edited:
Does anyone recall The Peanut Butter Solution? We watched that one on video a few times and a bunch of times in school. Such a bizarre movie.... I don't remember much of it now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back