What is the Worst movie ever made?

PumpkinKing

What are some of the worst movies ever made. I do not mean low budget “B Movie” types which can be bad on purpose, and still cheaply entertaining. What are some movies that you think try to be good and are genuinely bad. I recently watched “The Head Hunter” and believe it is in the running for worst movie possibly ever, even with a pretty cool trailer.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is generally considered to be one of the worst of all time. It starred Bela Lugosi a few years after his death using old footage of him that had nothing to do with the movie which tells you everything you need to know.

Worst I ever saw Near Death
But I have a friend who says United Passions was far worse. I watched it but not being a fan of soccer/football...I didn't get it or why it was so bad. Except little to no character introduction.

Worst as in; Terribly made, but entertaining. "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2" Yup thats a real movie. It was, essentially, George Romeros Dawn of the Dead, with all new voice overs and random footage spliced in.

Worst as in, unwatchable in every way; Escape from LA

There are a lot of movies I despise that have good ideas, scenes, acting, casting, costumes, but failed in the writing or directing. I wasn't really considering those.

My answer was based on the premise of the movie and how that premise played out. The Happening failed on both counts, so for me it's easily a contender for worst. Best of the Worst is great!!

Last edited:
I think there is a big difference to being the worst movie ever made and being a big disappointment. There have been a lot of movies over the last decade or so that I would call big disappointment's but would not class as the worst movie ever made.
Absolutely, the most disappointing movie I’ve ever seen hands down was Avatar. After all the hype, all the people saying I have to see it. And then to just watch CGI for 2 hours? Not even close to the worst movie ever, but that was the most disappointing.

Initially Avatar looked pretty cool and felt innovative technically even though I mostly dismissed the plot and characters, I did enjoy the spectacle on first viewing. Upon seeing it a second time it I could barely stomach it. Just awful.

Well made crap. Just like Argo. Competent but lacking any substance and yet lauded despite their mediocrity.

op said some of the worst not strictly the worst.

Alien Resurrection still stands as one of the worst. not just a disappointment.
Exorcist II was laughed at on it's premier.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back