What is the difference between Master Replicas FX Light Sabers versus Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Tom1971, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

When I had them I really never held them side by side to compare. Looking at the skyrocketing price I am never going to be able to get back my MR Limited Edition sabers, etc.

Is there really a difference in the FX vs. L.E. Handles???? Studying the pics below I can't see any. Obviously the end where the blade comes out is slightly different and I always heard they were bigger but never seemed to be when I handled mine. Although as I said never thought to handle at the same time.

Thoughts??????

The bottom eight pics show a great comparison:

http://www.rebelscum.com/mrvaderfxsaber.asp

2. scarf man

scarf man Sr Member

Re: What is the difference between Master Replicas FX Light Sabers versus Limited Edi

The early FX sabers made by MR are defiantly scaled up to fit electronics. The scale got better as the line was updated by Hasbro, but details and materials were sacrificed due to manufacturing costs. The fat neck on the Luke ROTJ, and Obi-Wan ROTS sabers was the most glaring inaccuracy.

3. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: What is the difference between Master Replicas FX Light Sabers versus Limited Edi

The scaling got better in the later MR fx hilts when they changed the battery configuration. I want to say that happened around 2005 because I know the Revenge of the Sith hilts benefited from the change.