What is the best way to paint latex?

nesk

Hello All,
I am continuing work on my first real costume effort and need advice. What is the best way to paint a latex Cap helmet? I am looking for both method and type of paint. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

For a first-timer, I would recommend MonsterMaker.com's latex mask paints...
The Monster Makers Latex Halloween Mask Paints and Colorants - 866-521-SPFX (Toll Free)

You can brush them on, or airbrush them on.... I always recommend using the airbrush, unless you are really really good with the bristle brush and can minimize the brush strokes from showing up.

If those paints are not what you had in mind, then my next suggestion would be to custom mix your own paint using a 50/35/15 : naphtha/rubber cement/pigment mixture, as explained in this tutorial I made a while ago...

Detailing the Latex Mask

You can also use pigments in the casting process. Try finding something designed for latex specifically. I know a lot of people tint by mixing in acrylic paint; this works, but over time the latex reacts with the acrylic and breaks down sooner. I use Berman Skinflex Pigments. As to overpainting, Studiocreation's got the right idea for sure.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back