What is the best way to attach a resin cast backpack to a skin ?

zubat1

I am in need of some help guys. What is thebest way to attach a resin backpack to a skin so it can be removed when gettin g in or out of my suit ? it is wide and covers most of my upper back and it has some weight to it. Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Industrial strength Velcro, super strong double stick tape to stick the velcro to the skin and leather straps like a backpack.
Warning! The tape may ruin the skin. Velcro option will allow quick removal while offering stable attachment

Uratz is right about the velcro on both fronts, super strong and may ruin your skin. The other concern is that the velcro may peel off of your skin when removing the backpack, especially in hot weather. I've had it happen to me with a few other costumes.

a couple of whip stitches in the velcro corners ( use a thick upholstery needle ) through the latex and it will stay nicely. best way to go

Thanx guys. But i figured it out .I used resin to permanently attach small screws to the back pack and then made a backing plate out of thin flexable sheet metal. I poked two holes in the skin and put the back pack on. The screws go through the skin and i put the backing plate on ( through pre-drilled holes) and screwed it on. It is secure and does not damage the skin other than the two small holes. Then tension rests on the screws and backing plate without pulling or ripping the skin. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back