What is the Best Star Wars lightsaber?

Gasparddm

Hello all. I am new to this forum, and I would like your opinion about
what is the best lightsaber I can buy. Regarding quality/Durability/etc.
Thanks! Have a nice day!

I have a couple of the Force FX sabers and for the price I think they are great. The newer models even have removable blades.

That's a hard question to answer without some additional info from you. What is your price range? Do you want a static prop or one that lights up? Do you want one with all the bells and whistles (lights, sounds, special effects, force motor, etc)? Do you want one from a movie or a custom design? Do you want stock off the self, or do you want a custom? Can you do the custom work yourself? Would you need a sabersmith to do the work?

So, obviously asking which one is the best can't really be answered easily. I think you might want one that lights up and makes sound. I would grab one of the newer Hasbro FX Sabers or an older MR FX Saber. These are in the $120 range and are very nice. Do some research over on FX-Sabers.com. That's the best place to be for saber related questions but of course many people here can help as well.

It doesn't really matter. It could be only the hilt with or without an additional blade that you can remove the blade. I want the most detailed, the most movie original. FX or Master Replicas?

In regards to static (yet accurate versions)...

This is just an example here, but for the prices I've seen some MR Luke sabers go for, you could assemble one with a real Graflex for less.

Same with the MR Obi ANH sabers-- you could buy a Russrep saber with more accurate pieces for less.

The new Luke ANH force fx from Hasbro is pretty darn accurate. It's a nice piece and the blade is removable. I've had my eye on it for a while.

Someone on here has done a great review of it if you search for it.

O.K. from what movie and what character? You're being very generic in what your asking for which is making it hard to help.

What do you want? The most accuarte Vader? The most accurate Luke? From what movie......?

The BEST you can buy is a Hyperblade. Not only do you get a removable blade that still has the scrolling effect, they're incredibly durable and resilient. Also, you're probably going to end up with a custom sound board and speakers which means better sounds, motion detection, and best of all: blade pulsing. Check this video out Saber Comparison Video 1 of 4 EL, MR, Luxeon, and Hyperblade - YouTube. Price wise though, they are quite expensive. But if you REALLY want the best lightsaber out there, get a hyperblade.

It doesn't really matter. It could be only the hilt with or without an additional blade that you can remove the blade. I want the most detailed, the most movie original. FX or Master Replicas?

Around $700-800 will get you a Luke lightsaber with light, sound, chassis and crystal chamber like the ones I make.

Double that and you can get one that yoda makes with a ton more details.

You can also look at park saber for their economic replicas.

Hasbro/fx aren't good. They have the wrong proportions, most often went that movie accurate and they use cheaP material. Hyperblades are 'ok' for their blades.

For a custom lightsaber go to vadera vault or the custom saber shop to make your own.

PM me with any questions. Iv been in the saber world for 3 years and I can point you to people that's been in it much longer.

Answer this question and you will get the best answer: What is the most you willing to pay?

Here's my Hasbro Force FX Luke Skywalker ANH with removable blade. Although not 100% accurate, it still looks enough like a real Graflex to satisfy me. NOTE: This sabre should not be used for dueling....swing it around a bit and pretend to be Luke. Light strikes to activate the clashing sounds are ok but once again NO DUELING....it won't hold up. Here's a few pics:

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_6156.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

The blade is removed by unscrewing the red button as shown.
IMG_6162.jpg

Included is a belt hook and a emitter plug to slip into place when displayed without the blade.
IMG_6161.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

It's a really nice piece when displayed on the included stand.
IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6165.jpg

IMG_6166.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

The sound effects are straight from ANH, which is a plus.

Here's a negative: There is a slight dark spot in the middle of the blade that the instruction book says is "normal" for all Force FX sabers. Although slight, it is there. Hope this helps.

Robert:)

I agree with what some people are saying. Make your own would be the most satisfying. I used to think Master Replicas would be the best, but compared to a real Graflex, which you can get cheaper than most licensed lightsabers, that is about as movie accurate as you can get.

As your max budget is $1600, then one of Yoda's Graflexs with crystal chamber chassis would do very nicely, I think. He is the admin over at fx-sabers.com

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back