What is the best Raiders fertility idol available?

CJP

Reading through the various thread on the Raiders idol, it appears that either the gobbler or sskunky idol are the best ones to have, correct? Does anyone have any oher opinions?

Given that neither of those are available presently, what is the best idol currently available, and what's wrong with it? :)

Chris

Reading through the various thread on the Raiders idol, it appears that either the gobbler or sskunky idol are the best ones to have, correct? Does anyone have any oher opinions?

Given that neither of those are available presently, what is the best idol currently available, and what's wrong with it? :)

Chris
Well.... You pretty much nailed the answer in that one ;)
Those ARE the best :)

So..... What is the best idol currently available, and what's wrong with it? The reason for my second question is only to identify points where it could possible be accurized, not to disparage anyone's work. :)

I have the Gobler idol, it's fantastic, my only criticism is the plating is very thin in places and chips easy, and some spots didn't get plated, such as the ear canal. It's become exclusively display now, as part of the plating on the nose flaked off. :-/
I'm not sure if it's possible for it to be replated. If it is, and someone knows who to send it to, I'd appreciate it.

I have the Gobler idol, it's fantastic, my only criticism is the plating is very thin in places and chips easy, and some spots didn't get plated, such as the ear canal. It's become exclusively display now, as part of the plating on the nose flaked off. :-/
I'm not sure if it's possible for it to be replated. If it is, and someone knows who to send it to, I'd appreciate it.

It would be possible to replate your idol, but you would have to get it professionally stripped, which could take some time, then if your idol is the only item that is being plated it would cost you quite a bit for that alone. Normally when idols have been plated before, several of them are placed in a chamber and plated at the same time, which brings down the cost of plating for each idol. If that makes sense?

Regards,

Andy

So..... What is the best idol currently available, and what's wrong with it? The reason for my second question is only to identify points where it could possible be accurized, not to disparage anyone's work. :)

There is not one but one of our Prop Masters is working on a new one that is supposed to be amazing.

Gobler is the best, hands down. The Sskunky is at least 1/2" too short

I respectfully disagree. The real eyes, opening back and incredible plating with such a gorgeous color, Sskunky's is King IMO.

I died a little inside they day I had to sell it.

I know Gobler is loved and that is great but the Sskunky one was the one for me.

Someone who had both was kind enough to post pics side by side and Brad is correct in that it's a bit shorter but it was fine with me. It's an incredible Idol and for me anything without real eyes was a stunt prop. He nailed the eyes, shape, features, everything. Again IMO

God I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically I used to not care much about the Idol and originally did not want one in my collection.

I'm a little sad talking about it :cry

That's the beauty of RPF though, a prop for every taste.

Chris

For your Belloq version idol, the Gobler is currently the best without a doubt! Although it does have several inaccuracies, height, angle, mouth, baby, feet, hands... Your Pedestal Idol has to be the sskunky, although again it has some inaccuracies.

There will be two new offerings in the future which I would look out for. One with eyes like the pedestal idol, and one with plated eyes like the Belloq idol. I am very excited about these, particularly the Belloq idol!

Bugger.

I will pose the original question. What's the best currently available Raiders fertility idol?

Considering that the user has been banned, I'd assume not. :)

I believe the person Tom1971 was referring to in that post was RelicMaker. I vaguely remember him saying he was working on an idol. I hope so, I have a couple of his headpieces and his Cross of Coronado and they're all great. Haven't heard anything in a while though.

Anyone have an information they wish to share about Tom1971 ?

It seemed sudden...and I hadn't heard anything.

I believe the person Tom1971 was referring to in that post was RelicMaker. I vaguely remember him saying he was working on an idol. I hope so, I have a couple of his headpieces and his Cross of Coronado and they're all great. Haven't heard anything in a while though.

I actually think he was referring to Ozymandius, who sculpted his own idol. It is a neat sculpt but completely inaccurate.

I actually think he was referring to Ozymandius, who sculpted his own idol. It is a neat sculpt but completely inaccurate.

This is post was from July 2015 though. Oz's had already been out for a while at that point I thought.

It may not have been RelicMaker but I do recall seeing in another thread around this time that somebody new was working on one.

I'm holding out for when RelicMaker does his Idol, I have high hopes that his will be the most accurate replica idol ever produced! The Gobler Idol up to this point is the best idol out there, although as I have said before, it has several inaccuracies.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back