What is Parks' shipping time currently like?

konp

I'm in Australia and I'm itching to lay my hands on a graflex/MPP/Mk1 3-pack, because at least for me it represents the best bang for my buck. However, it's difficult to get ahold of Jeff due to being on the opposite side of the globe and being unable to call him, so having to rely on emails.

So does anyone have any experience with the recent-to-current shipping delays on basic orders from him?

Thanks.

I'm in Australia and I'm itching to lay my hands on a graflex/MPP/Mk1 3-pack, because at least for me it represents the best bang for my buck. However, it's difficult to get ahold of Jeff due to being on the opposite side of the globe and being unable to call him, so having to rely on emails.

So does anyone have any experience with the recent-to-current shipping delays on basic orders from him?

Thanks.

Hey mate ,I'm in Brisbane , 8 weeks minimum from order, I got a 3 pack last year , but he is currently out of Graflex replicas, but a new alternative is in development and should be available soon.

Hey mate ,I'm in Brisbane , 8 weeks minimum from order, I got a 3 pack last year , but he is currently out of Graflex replicas, but a new alternative is in development and should be available soon.

Aw, really? Damnit. I really wanna get some sabers going but I simply don't have the cash to get genuine parts or buy bits-and-pieces from someone like Roman's or Russrep parts. As much as I'd like to though, they make some really good pieces.

Any idea how soon "soon" is? I'm a brisbanite also.

Aw, really? Damnit. I really wanna get some sabers going but I simply don't have the cash to get genuine parts or buy bits-and-pieces from someone like Roman's or Russrep parts. As much as I'd like to though, they make some really good pieces.

Any idea how soon "soon" is? I'm a brisbanite also.

There is a run both here and on FX Sabers being run by Korbanth for a replacement for the Graflex replica ,just do a search and you will find it, he's planning for delivery before Episode 7s release date.
Cheers

Argh. How come whenever I finally get the money to afford some nice things, there's some kind of delay or problem or somebody goes out of business or runs out of stock or something? It's rather distressing.

I've emailed him a few days ago asking what his lead times are, but have yet to get a reply. Guess he's busy. For the record, I don't really care if his customer service isn't that hype, I just care about the particulars of the business transaction - I want to exchange my dollars for his wares. He could chant "ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" repeatedly for all I care as long as I get what I paid for.

Yeah, Parks is notorious for bad communication and long lead time. I think that if you order from him, he eventually gets you something, though the wait may be infuriating...

Romans Empire also offers complete kits : http://www.romanprops.com/kits weathered and all and he's currently figuring out to replicate G R A F L E X flashguns because of the new design Parks is going to offer which is more like a transformer than a G R A F L E X based lightsaber ... as for the MPP try TCSS : http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Replica-MPP-flash-with-grips-P1067.aspx which is a Parks but even better customer service . . . they will have them in stock soon enough ... just be a little patient and stash your cash safely when everyting is becoming available ... as for best accurate T-tracks, bubblestrip and D-ring for Luke ANH/ESB : http://wannawanga.com/shop/

Chaim

Save your money and buy from Roman. You can get and Obiwan kit from him and he's working on a graflex replica. Also check out WannaWanga for the rest of the parts for a graflex. They both have great communication and quality pieces.

Save your money and buy from Roman. You can get and Obiwan kit from him and he's working on a graflex replica. Also check out WannaWanga for the rest of the parts for a graflex. They both have great communication and quality pieces.

Ditto... They both rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto... They both rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Korbanth's FX Graflex is also going to be awesome.

The 'clamp' of the new Parks is not going to function anymore as it does with a real vintage G R A F L E X :

The top and bottom of the '3 Cell' will be screwed together with that 'spacer' attached permanently to the top.

Oh ... and this :

... additional holes for ... sound fx ... and no text stamped :wacko

Chaim

Yeah, hoping to snatch one of his MPPs from Custom Saber Shop before he decides to go bonkers on them too.

I second the Roman Obi. It's the coolest thing I own. Can't wait for his Graflex.

The 'clamp' of the new Parks is not going to function anymore as it does with a real vintage G R A F L E X. The top and bottom of the '3 Cell' will be screwed together with that 'spacer' attached permanently to the top. Oh, and additional holes for ... sound fx ... and no text stamped :wacko
Jeez. What's behind their decision to so radically alter what they offer? I'm not building a 'saber, so most of that is no concern to me -- I'm leaving off the bottom and clamp altogether. My only real concern with what you said is about the spacer being permanently attached to the top piece. Can you clarify further?

--Jonah

That black piece with the rings will have to go inside the top to finish it completely as a G R A F L E X 3 Cell top ... the way I 'read' that picture a portion will stuck out and go slide inside the clamp functioning as a 'spacer' ... so from that point of view it's permanently attached to the top :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back