What is on your bench right now heading into 2021? (Happy New Year and thank you!)

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Fellow Makers,

What is on your bench going into the new year? For me, this year has been crazy as I know it has been for a lot of us. One bright spot for me was discovering 3D printing and really taking a deep dive into props and model making. 3D printing allowed me to realize actually building a few 1:24th scale models, something I thought would forever be beyond me.

I have found that model and prop making gives me an outlet when the world around me get's crazy. Also, finding people here with similar interests and spending a lot of time with the people on this forum has meant a lot to me, thanks to all of you!!!

For me, my list of in-progress projects right now are:

1. Finishing my DeAgostini RD2D
  2. 1:8th Delorean
  3. 1:48 Bandai X-Wing (a build for my brother in law)
  4. My first resin printed project, Nazgul.
  5. 1:68 AT-AT
  6. 1:34 Razor Crest (really just testing some parts on the printer and colors)
  7. The Black Pearl (a project with my daughter)
  8. Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle
  9. 1:24 B-Wing
  10. 1:48 scale B-Wing
  11. And a bunch of just generally messing around with testing ideas :)
For me, that's a lot of in-progress projects but I have found myself a bit more scattered this year than normal... But what can you do?

20201231_231416.jpg

20201231_231422.jpg

20201231_231434.jpg

Last edited:
I have been meaning to start my Bandai AT-AT and was just thinking yesterday that I should finally take the time to put it together.
Also have a Bandai A-wing that I've had a few years now....maybe I can do that as well.

Making more Star Wars props and sculptures

It's a new year and we've lived in our present house for five years, so my dearest wife wants a décor refresh. Thanks to a fest of Clone Wars, Rebels and The Mandalorian, it now looks as if we're on a Star Wars refresh. So the Marvel pictures, statues and figures will be moving from the hallway and stairs to my room and replaced.

Only thing is I don't actually have that much that will work in the hallway so I'm going to have to buy/make more

First off blasters: Stormtrooper E-11, Rebel Blaster DH-17, and Han Solo's pistol. Not wanting to spend a fortune I'm customizing and repainting the Rubies guns. I was able to get one of the Hasbro DH-17 nerf guns things, which looks very nice. They should look good when I am done

Then some Mandalorian stuff, skull plaque and mudhorn maybe.

And then convert a couple of the large toys to studio standard (A-wing and TIE figher). Finally get some prints mounted

Aku that sounds like a lot of fun!! My collection is not allowed upstairs... I have some mando projects planned this year for sure! I already have my Mythosaur Skull ready, started testing my Razor Crest print and a matching (1:34) Slave 1 along with Mandos rifle.

Right now I have a fairly large 3D printed "Attack Titan" from the Attack on Titan anime series that is in the prime/fill/sand state, various 3D printed objects for a "The Last of Us" book nook depicting the game's giraffe scene that are in partial paint, and a variety of Day of the Tentacle characters that will eventually make their way into a game diorama. I also have a white tux jacket on the way for a full size "Manny Calavera" that will be my favorite piece for the movie room (can you tell I grew up playing the LucasArts adventure games?)

I also have the the clear parts and LED array finished for a replica thumb scanner from Ghost in the Shell, just waiting on some styrene sheet to show up so I can make the housing for it.

J - E - T - S, jets, jets, jets!

c4ao2eY.jpg

Also, waiting for the Mobeius Galatica (original) my sis got for Xmas to arrive. When it does, that gets bumped up to top of the queue.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Right now I have a fairly large 3D printed "Attack Titan" from the Attack on Titan anime series that is in the prime/fill/sand state, various 3D printed objects for a "The Last of Us" book nook depicting the game's giraffe scene that are in partial paint, and a variety of Day of the Tentacle characters that will eventually make their way into a game diorama. I also have a white tux jacket on the way for a full size "Manny Calavera" that will be my favorite piece for the movie room (can you tell I grew up playing the LucasArts adventure games?)

I also have the the clear parts and LED array finished for a replica thumb scanner from Ghost in the Shell, just waiting on some styrene sheet to show up so I can make the housing for it.

Same, India Jones and Dark Forces along with X-Wing and TIE fighter were my very first (and still awesome) PC Games!

Well, I just wrapped up my Fine Molds X-Wing, and now I think my next kit will be my resin Merlin Models Tantive IV. One of the parts came cracked pretty badly, I'm assuming due to curing, so I'm just waiting on that new part from them and I'm good to go. There are a few logistical things I need to think about first with it, though, such as mounting locations, how to make an "armature" for it so the weight isn't on the resin itself, how to make the lighting all internal, etc...

Just a few things to think through before I get going on it.

SB

Hope I can whittle this done some in 2021! (My PG MF is under my bed until I gain the confidence to tackle it lol)
View attachment 1397434

Looks like a stash full of fun! Funny you mention the PG Falcon and waiting to build it.

I pre-ordered mine the day it came out and gave it to myself for Christmas, 3 years ago. As soon as I opened the box I could tell right away I was not ready. I now feel I am ready and plan to break into it after I finish a few builds on the bench.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back