What is currently the best Replica Han Solo DL-44 Blaster to buy?

Just to say, if you want to build a DL-44 from the classic trilogy ALL airsoft Mausers are wrong. They all represent a Mauser 712 automatic firing gun and not the C96. There are some major differences.

As the most wrote before converting a Denix or the FM C96 would be the better choice

Have a look at my Star Wars builds thread if you like. All my DL-44 are Denix-based due to the costs of a FM replica or a (even more expensive but screen accurate) MGC replica.

I am not in a position to voice an opinion on "the best" option, but I can say that I have one of chubsANDdoggers blasters and it is absolutely a magnificent piece (and he is a great guy and an excellent communicator)!

I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish and only you can answer that. IMHO that looks nothing like a Denix but then again I wouldn’t be cross shopping against that if I was looking for a replica.

An alternative would be this airsoft model from evike. At $250, it’s not $20 cheap but not also $500-$900 for a hobby / enthusiast grade replica and has the advantage of being functional if that’s your thing.
With that price, then I would hunt for a DENIX On E-Bay like I did! I was able to snag one for $50.00 with free shipping.
And what's REALLY Nice about mine, is that there is NO "DENIX" Diamond on the left side of the gun. The ONLY Markings, are the "M96" on the right side, and the Sight slide markings. It's a VERY Clean replica and I KNOW that whatever Conversion Kit I go with it will look Awesome! :)

Joe

The actual Denix has no "diamond" anymore. The have reworked the whole thing, and yes, it's much cleaner than the older version. It's available with plastic or wood grips.

The actual Denix has no "diamond" anymore. The have reworked the whole thing, and yes, it's much cleaner than the older version. It's available with plastic or wood grips.
Yep! That's what I have is the Wood Grips version. I was VERY Surprised to find it at the price I did?!
Most are selling for about $ 80.00 or more PLUS Shipping! I got mine for $ 50.00 with free shipping!

I LOVE the weight of this piece. It just FEELS Right! I can't WAIT to get the Conversion Kit to finish this! :D

Joe

These are highly worthy.

If you're new to the blaster game, any that are offered today are constructed like the original with a cross bar and a dovetailed steel cradle. That feels amazing to handle and will feel very authentic.

(the bull barrel is up for debate, I personally think the original was threaded onto a chopped barrel, but most today use the sleeve method. Todd's C. does the threaded barrel. Field Marshall/BlasterFactory has a thinner scope cradle I think, which is a hair more accurate. Splitting hairs though)

Hello all thinking of picking up the Todd’s completed weathered dl-44 what the opinion in it ? Thanks to all for the help

Hey y'all, dumb questions. On the Field Marshall kits from Blaster Factory / War Machine Paintball, the pictures for the Basic Denix unpainted does not have all the greeblies showing, but the painted version does. Do the basic unpainted kits come with all the parts or do you have to buy them separately? Do the basic kits come with a Denix? I assume the Denix Mauser is not included, but I wanted to verify :D

Lucky finding this. I've gotten a few 3d prints of dl44's and they're OK. I've been offered and bought a used Denix Mauser for a very good price. I'm UK based and need some parts to produce a nice replica to keep. Its greebles and the heatsink around the magwell I'm most in need of, of and the scope frame/mount. I have some great scopes luckily.
Fwiw anyone should consider cold blueing to get steel parts looking authentic there is a version for aluminium to now as well. I've recently blurs a G17 topslide, as long as its properly prepped it's easy and you can adjust/weather with extra coats and very fine wire wool. I've got the Denix mauser coming next week and a great project. Appreciate any pointers. That heatsink is my main issue.
Paul

There are many options today when it comes to the DL-44. Especially compared to as recent as just a couple years ago. Night and day difference infact. I like to think I have played a role in moving that needle forward..

I appreciate the shoutout masterjedi322. All those places mentioned above from “FM to DEC to Todd’s” are all truly great. I would say DEC is the most dated out of the 3 though. They are truly the OG in this DL-44 blaster world as they were the first to offer such kits. Years before anyone else did infact. But they also haven’t updated their kit at all since then and its missing some key details IMHO. From a nostalgia point of view and in this DL-44 blaster replica community, they are and will always be legendary.

For most beginner builders you will struggle with DEC bullbarrel though as it’s designed for an MGC/c96 and not a denix which is fatter than both of those. FM would be the easiest to work with as he has a slip fit bullbarrel plus an accurate off sent rail. Both of which were a great design ideas (wink, wink). While Todd’s is easily the best if you just want to buy a full metal finished build and you don’t care about the denix inaccuracies. Not only is the denix unmodified but it’s also the version with the plastic grips which is a bit of a letdown honestly. I think he’s milled the extraction mark now so that definitely does help.

My own Dl-44 builds are probably the most accurate of them all honestly. I do use 3d printed parts made from my own designs. My designs can’t be disputed as I’ve spent endless hours perfecting them and the proof is in the pudding. I can’t name another person that has created all the variances with all the correct details. They are industrial printed (meaning I use printers that cost a LOT and the parts are very detailed) for what it’s worth.

But regardless we have more options now than ever before which is amazingly awesome for us DL-44 lovers.

Pictured below from top to bottom, left to right each blaster in the order as they appeared onscreen in the OT..
ANH - GK, Hero
TESB - Hoth, Dagobah (stunt), Han Bespin, Luke Bespin
ROTJ - Endor, Stembridge
View attachment 1434613
These are stunning.
Are they still available please and are they all the same price?
Thanks ever so much,
Simon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back