What is an FX Trooper Kit Worth?

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Jun 1 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1254177[/snapback]</div>
The cheap'est i have seen is 580 shipped the high'est 650 + shipping
if you want the cheap one let me know
[/b]

FWIW, I'd say that's a fair assessment of the market. I'm certainly no expert, but I have been looking.

Hard call...I got one of this board less then a coupla years back for $450 shipped...It really depends on the seller and whether or not you want new or used...

I recently got a used one off e-bay but in good condition complete with leather holster, converted kenner blaster, undersuit, gloves and boots plus a batch of spare helmet decals for £400 british pounds ($747)
Best deal i ever had :D

I think I paid about $600 for my black stealth FX kit, and that was about 6 months ago. Been too busy making costumes for other people to put it together, though. lol

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 1 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1254264[/snapback]</div>
I think I paid about $600 for my black stealth FX kit, and that was about 6 months ago. Been too busy making costumes for other people to put it together, though. lol
[/b]

$549 shipped to the UK from the USA is the cheapest source I have found. That would be about $500 shipped in the USA.

Having owned a couple of FX kits in the past and now an AP, I can honestly say that you'd be better off saving a little while longer and getting an accurate kit (AP, TE, GF, etc...).....believe me. The more you study and appreciate the Trooper armor, the more that the FX kits don't cut it....IMHO. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 1 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1254318[/snapback]</div>
Having owned a couple of FX kits in the past and now an AP, I can honestly say that you'd be better off saving a little while longer and getting an accurate kit (AP, TE, GF, etc...).....believe me. The more you study and appreciate the Trooper armor, the more that the FX kits don't cut it....IMHO. ;)
[/b]

Thats why im such a noob in this, I still see the FX as some incredible armor, and cant find much difference between the TE and others and the FX, but well i guess everything will come...

PS. Regarding ur question m8, around 600$ is a good price for it, and its the one that ull see most times.

PSS. Saving for 1 myself lol :lol

Start by comparing the size of the helmets on say, and FX kit, and an AP kit, and then look carefully at the details on the rest of the armor. By the time you're done, you'll be craving an AP kit if those things matter to you, or be happy with an FX kit if they don't.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 1 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1254393[/snapback]</div>
Start by comparing the size of the helmets on say, and FX kit, and an AP kit, and then look carefully at the details on the rest of the armor. By the time you're done, you'll be craving an AP kit if those things matter to you, or be happy with an FX kit if they don't.
[/b]
Yeah... once you have begun studying the difference you will begin to wonder why you even thought about buying the FX armor to begin with...

TE/TE2 all the way (or AP if you want ABS) :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ Jun 1 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1254343[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 1 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1254318[/snapback]
[/b]

Thats why im such a noob in this, I still see the FX as some incredible armor, and cant find much difference between the TE and others and the FX, but well i guess everything will come...

PS. Regarding ur question m8, around 600$ is a good price for it, and its the one that ull see most times.

PSS. Saving for 1 myself lol :lol
[/b][/quote]

...even if you buy an AP, TE, GF helmet seperately and then score some FX armor (no helmet) later, you're better off. Used FX armor kits (sans helmet) come up for sale from time to time in the JY and elsewhere....most of the differences are on the helmet anyway and that's the focal point of the armor.

I'll tell ya, I had purchased the FX kits a few years ago with the same outlook that you have now...."...not much difference between the two"....but once you study the differences, you will want something more accurate.
However, if you just want to look like a Trooper, than the FX will do. One's not "better" than the other per se....depends on what you want to accomplish....

Yap but due to my size ive been recommended to stick with the FX, and besides if im going through hell to get 600$ dont know how id live if i had to save up t 1500$, im a poor university student :p

Ps. Now seriously yeah I was checking a comparison between the FX and GF and besides helmet (preffer GF tbh :p) the only difference I see is the "buttons" that go on the panel below the chest.

Pss. sorry for kinda hijacking your thread m8

Thanks to everyone for all your input.

I have the opportunity to get a FX kit for $445 plus shipping (around $30). I only want it for a mannequin for my home, at 6'6 I am far too tall to be a Stormtrooper. I am thinking that for this price it is a good deal. Comes with all the glues, polish, lenses, decals, leather blaster holster, etc. That's why I wanted to ask what the kit was worth because I didn't know if I was getting a good deal or not. Judging by the response I would have to say that this price seems pretty good.

yeah Chris, that's a good deal. Just upgrade the helmet using a rt-mod/ap/te/aa/what-have-you helm and you're off to the races. Sell the f/x on ebay to recoup some cash. I know we all crow about accuracy, but when it comes to dollars, f/x suit w/ upgraded helm is the best way to go and the ONLY person who won't know its accurate is you...Hell, even w/ the f/x helm, no one outside of the boards would even think twice about its accuracy...

Tue true m8, ull be the only one that realises that, well u and the other 501st :p btw great idea that one of buying just the accurate helmet ;) thx

<div class='quotetop'>(NEKROFANATIC @ Jun 2 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1254654[/snapback]</div>
yeah Chris, that's a good deal. Just upgrade the helmet using a rt-mod/ap/te/aa/what-have-you helm and you're off to the races. Sell the f/x on ebay to recoup some cash. I know we all crow about accuracy, but when it comes to dollars, f/x suit w/ upgraded helm is the best way to go and the ONLY person who won't know its accurate is you...Hell, even w/ the f/x helm, no one outside of the boards would even think twice about its accuracy...
[/b]

That's my thinking on it too. I want something that is accurate but I dont want to spend a fortune like I have on my Vader. It's only for a display after all.

Is the TE helmet a good lid?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back